°•fifteen•°

Rick and Michonne had yet to show up- making us wonder if they'd already gone somewhere else, or worse.

"We can't stay here much longer," Tara sighs.

"We can't leave them behind. If they show up and we're not here, what will they think?" Rosita asks.

Tara, Rosita, Carl, Daryl, Dwight and I huddled together as far away from the others as we could manage so they wouldn't get worried anymore than they already were.

"Judith can't stay here any longer. Those that are injured can't," I name, peering down the tunnel to look at everyone.

"The Saviors have to be gone. The trucks left.. We need to get moving," Tara adds.

It had only been quiet for about five minutes, but it was a window of opportunity nonetheless.

"Carl, I'm trusting you here. You're on a streak of good plans," Rosita decides.

Carl goes silent for a moment, thinking over each possibility.

"We split up," he finally says.

"Is that smart?" Tara wonders.

"In this case, yes," he nods.

"Split how?" Daryl asks, crossing his arms.

"Go to Hilltop like we planned before. A couple can stay back here and wait things out," he explains.

"Who should stay back, then?" Rosita asks.

"I will. Siddiq can stay with me. It'll be the two of us," Carl answers.

"Three of us," I add, only to be met with Carl shaking his head.

"It's Hilltop. You need to be the one to tell Maggie what's going on. And I need you to take Judith," he says.

"I don't like that," I mutter.

"Me either, but it's the safest one," he breathes.

"All right," Rosita nods, "Let's go, then."

Everyone besides Carl and Siddiq gather themselves quickly. Daryl is the first outside the sewer- checking the area before beginning to lead everyone out.

"You be good, okay?" Carl asks Judith, bouncing her in his arms.

It's clear she refuses his plead as she begins to whimper, holding onto him tighter. He sighs, but still hands her to me despite her cries.

"Carl," she pouts.

He caresses her head for a moment before I see an idea flash in his head.

"Here," he whispers, taking his hat off his head and placing it on hers.

"You take this and be strong, all right? Dad gave it to me and it made me stronger. Maybe it'll do the same for you," he smiles as she grapples with the large brim.

"We'll see you soon," I say, relieved that her tears stopped.

"Be safe out there," he nods, pulling me to him by my arm.

Trading a warm kiss, it calms me down a bit.

"I love you," Carl sighs.

"And I love you," I smile, reaching up to brush my fingers through his hair, "That's gonna take some adjusting."

He laughs a bit and nods once. Lightly running my thumb over his cheek, I give one more smile before I begin walking to the rest of the group.

Just before I'm around the corner, Carl's coming back.