°•three•°

"How long will you be gone?" I ask, looking up at Rick.

"Few days, maybe couple weeks. Just until we get somewhere and find something," Rick answers.

I nod, watching as Aaron places the last bag in their car.

"If you wanna come- get away from things for awhile.. You can go with us," Rick says, a sympathetic look on his face.

"I think that's the first time you've ever asked me to go on a run," I take note to.

"Yeah, don't remind me," he sighs, "But, you've been through a lot. If you just want to be out there for a bit. Focus on something and get your mind off everything. You can come."

"Thank you," I say, "But, Kate is still out there. I should be close in case she gets back early."

"I get that," he nods.

"And being closer to Maggie feels better, too. And Carl's not going.. And Judith.. It's best if I don't," I explain.

"Speaking of, if you want to go to Hilltop at anytime- go see Maggie. Just let anyone know and they'll take you with no hesitation. She's probably up and moving by now so if you want to go, then go," he says, resting his hand on my shoulder.

"I will," I assure.

"I'll see you when I get back," he says.

"Okay."

"Cm'here," he murmurs, pulling me by the shoulder into his arms.

"Stay safe," he says.

"I should be telling you that," I remind.

"It's a habit."

--

"Hey," Carl greets, sliding onto the couch beside me.

"Hey," I breathe out.

"Are you doing better?" he asks, rubbing my bac.

"I got their room cleaned. I put her stuff in a bag in case she wants it at Hilltop. I probably need to go there soon," I explain.

I figure talking about what I 've done today would make it seem like I actually have a bit of my shit together instead of admitting I feel like shit.

"Glenn's?" he wonders cautiously.

"Most is in my closet. Some I put in storage so no one else would get a hold of them," I nod.

"That's good," he softly says.

"It's weird," I say.

"Which part?"

"I have picture of some people.. Mom has Hershel's watch.. I have Dale's bible.. He's the one person I don't have anything from."

"Is that why the clothes thing hurt so much?" Carl asks.

"It's all there is left of him," I frown.

"I should've done more," I shake my head, "Should've kept more- asked him for more. Should've kept every paper he wrote supplies for runs on- taken pictures.. Anything."

I could feel the tears building up again. Immediately, I felt frustrated with myself. It hasn't even been two weeks since it all happened, but God I was getting tired of crying.

"I just want to see him again. Hear his voice," I exhale, voice cracking through the words.

Carl's hand pauses. After a few seconds of silence, he moves to the edge of the couch and I could see he was thinking hard about something. He looks over to me, holding his hand out.