Big Time Love Song

After a few days of scrubbing the temporary red dye out of her hair, Persephone was sitting in the Palm Woods lobby with her songbook in her lap and a pen in her hand. She heard voices starting a conversation at the front  desk and looked up to see a girl she had never seen before. The girl recieved her key and looked at it with a smile. Persephone put her pen in her book and closed it before walking up to the new girl, "Hey, you wouldn't happen to be new around here, would you?"

"Is it that obvious?" The girl smiled, pocketing the keys.

"No, it's just that I've worn that look before.....and I saw you pick up your key." The new girl let put a genuine laugh, "Where are you from?"

"North Carloina."

"Wow." Persephone's eyes widened slightly, "That's not exact right around the corner."

The girl smiled, "Not exactly. I'm Jo. I act."

"Persephone. I sing. Do you need someone to show you around?"

"I don't wanna be any trouble."

"You aren't. I promise. Plus, it'll be nice to have another girl around." The two started to walk in the direction of the pool, "It's not North Carolina, but it'll feel like home in no time. At least, it did for me." They walked until they stood in front of Persephone's other four friends. Three in the lounge chairs, and one in the pool, soaked.

"Hi." Jo smiled and waved to the boys in the chairs before walking away.

"Did Carlos call Sandy, Mandy again?" She asked Logan, Kendall, and James, "Dude, you have to stop. It never ends well." Persephone said before following Jo, sighing at the boys.

********************************

After a couple hours of getting to know Jo better, Persephone was called into the studio. She was told a few days prior that the boys would be in the process of recording a love song, and she was to write a song that was contradictory. A heart break song. She walked into the studio and saw two things; James getting dragged out by Kelly, and the other three being held by a tall and intimidating man in the booth, "By James. Hey Freight Train."

"Hey Persephone." The large man greeted.

"What happened here?"

"James can't stop sneezing." Carlos explained.

"And we are going to the Palm Woods." Logan gestured between him and his friends.

"So one of us can score a date with the new girl." Kendall concluded from his spot, cradled in Freight Train's arms.

For a reason unknown to Persephone, her heart pinged at the look the boy had just from thinking about the girl. But she had no reason to be jealous. It's not like they were together. He could see whoever he wanted, "Jo? Well there's this really cute guy I saw her talking to earlier. If I were her I'd be on my way to buy a wedding dress by now." Was there a guy talking to Jo? Not that Persephone saw. But that didn't mean she couldn't have her own fun.

"What?!" The boys shrieked.

"Well what are we waiting for? Come on! To the Palm Woods!" Logan patted Freight Train's shoulder, signaling for him to take them back to their apartment, and off they were to make complete and utter fools of themselves.

Persephone smiled on satisfaction, "Please tell you have the song," her boss pleaded.

"I'm offended that you doubt me." Persephone hooked up her phone to the control panel so it'd play the background track she recorded the day before. She stepped into the both and put on the headphones. One rested on her ear, and the other was off so she could hear herself. Persephone gave a thumbs up to Gustavo as a signal to start the track, and he did.