ch.13: strengthless

p.o.v. xuxu

,,His Highness Emperor Ying, he took my spiritual powers...'', I finally told him the truth. His facial expression dropped and he pushed me away to properly face me.

,,How is that even possible?!''

,,I guess you've already been an immortal around that time, but fifty years ago there was another war going on in the mortal realm..That time Emperor Ying didn't allow anyone besides him to own spiritual powers, so he forced everyone to come so Sichuan and took out their spiritual core...With that everyone was weak, strengthless and almost guaranteed to die in this war, since just sword fighting isn't going to do much compared to people who still had their spiritual powers.''

,,So that's why you're so weak and tried everything to not be found by anyone of the Ying Clan..'' ,,I can't stand a chance against the Ying Clan or any enemy in general. I'm weak, I'm useless if another war breaks out...''

,,I'll protect you then.'', he reassured me, softly brushing over my hand again. Xianliang remembers me. The reason he broke down at the mountain was me, the name he can't mention is mine. I don't need any proof, I know it's Lu Xianliang standing in front of me. He'll eventually recognize me too, for sure...All I have to do is get closer to him again.

,,Sorry for acting like an idiot the last few days..'', I apologized sighing. If I had known it's him from the start...

,,Don't worry, everything's okay now. Let's just be friends from now on, shall we?''

I nodded smiling and wanted to hug him once again, but was interrupted by Yusheng running towards us, loosing his balance right in front of us.

,,Master Qin!'' I quickly knelt down in front of him and lifted him up. There was blood all over his stomach and chest, he was trying hard to keep his eyes opened.

,,What happened?!'', Xianliang asked worried, his eyes widening as he was looking at the deep wounds.

,,His...Highness...he killed them all..'', Yusheng was trying his best to get out any words, then coughed exhausted.

,,Who? Who did he kill?!''

,,My parents and..the guards...I barely escaped...but they're looking for me..and you...''

,,Shit, I'm so dumb...'', Xianliang suddenly cursed and buried his face inside his hands.

,,Why's that?''

,,I went to the Ying Clan..that evening we came back from the temple. He knows what I look like.''

,,Hanyu, out of all places, why Sichuan? Are you out of your mind?!'', I responded in shock.

,,Please stop fighting, we need to get away from he-'' Suddenly Yusheng threw up blood.

,,Where are we supposed to go? There's no place we're safe at!''

,,When I came to the mortal realm I came by some old ruins, south-east of Shandong. I don't think they'll look for us there.'', Xianliang suggested.

,,Will you be able to endure the pain until we're there?'', I asked Yusheng worried, doubting if he'll be able to go anywhere at this state.

,,Mhm..is there any village nearby?''

,,Yes, I think I saw some smoke in the distance.''

,,Let's go then, quick!''

With that we went on our way to Shandong, hoping there'll actually be a village or a doctor nearby. If not, then I doubt that Yusheng's going to survive more than two days. He lost so much blood and the few fabrics I tied around the wounds won't do much anymore soon.