ch.2: confrontation

p.o.v. xianliang

Around four in the morning I finally went on my way to the Mortal Realm, passing by at the portal which leads to the Yellow Springs. While having to walk most of the way, I thought about where I should actually go first. The Heavenly Ruins, into some kind of village from back then or where I lost him..? I'll have to go there someday anyways, so...

Finally a while later I could glide all the way down. I forgot how far it really is..I landed on a farmer's field which was filled with vegetables on one side, the other one was full of flowers. In the distance I could see countless of rice fields and houses. Slowly the fire red lights of the sun were rising up, making this very simple village look quite pretty. I decided to go get some food first, for which I've chosen a small inn in the middle of the village. I sat down at a desk sighing relieved. Just a few seconds later a waiter asked for my order. I ordered a soup and some wan tans, drinking a white tea with it. I could get used to being back here again.

As I was taking a sip of my tea in peace, some guys suddenly barged into the inn. One of them was very tall, was dressed like a guard. The other one was skinny, had fair skin and wore quite fancy looking clothes.

,,Hey! It was you, wasn't it?'', the guard approached me, grabbed my arm and pulled me up. ,,I'm sorry, but what are you talking about?'' ,,You almost killed my master!? Don't even try lying!'' ,,Sir, I think you're confusing me with someone..''

,,Hah! Can't even admit your dirty actions!'' ,,What do you mean? I'm really confused..'' ,,You set my master's precious shrine on fire and destroyed what he has worked so hard for for the last five years! my poor master even ran into the flames to save his belongings! You tourists are all the same! All you bring with you is bad luck!'' What is going on?

,,Ah, General Zhang..?'', the fancy-dressed guy pulled at the guard's arm. ,,Not now, my master. I have to teach this lunatic a lesson!'' ,,But this young man seems certainly confused..Maybe it really wasn't him...'' ,,But I thought you recognized his clothes..?''

,,I just told you he was dressed white with flower patterns on the robe..This man is dressed completely white, without any patterns..Excuse me, but could you tell me your name? I know every cultivator from around here.''

,,Lu...Hanyu. Yes, Lu Hanyu.'' He gave me an confused look. ,,Lu..? But didn't Lu Hanyu ascend to heaven? Is this really him?'' ,,Ah..haha..I'm just lucky enough to have the same name as this respectable immortal.''

The excitement dropped. ,,Oh, I see..Where are you from then?'' ,,From..very far away..You probably don't even know this place..'' ,,Tell me, I know a lot of places!'' ,,Ah, I..''

,,Never mind, just tell me on the way to my clan, I want to invite you for some tea.'' ,,Uh..okay then.'' I just made up some stories of a small village that I live in or something. Seemed like he actually believed me.

,,Master! You're finally here..Someone has come to see you.'' ,,Who is it?'' ,,It's Xuhuan-jun..He's been waiting for almost an hour now.'' ,,I'll go brew some tea, you go send him to my room.'' ,,I'll hurry.''

We went to this guy's room and I sat down as he was pouring tea into three cups. ,,Excuse me, but who is Xuhuan-jun...?'' His eyes widened as he looked up to face me. ,,You..you don't know Xuhuan-jun? I heard that right, did I?''

,,Mhm..Is he some high-rank cultivator or something?'' ,,I prevented the whole cultivation world from being completely murdered and erased. Twice.'', someone from behind me suddenly said while walking inside the room. That other guy quickly bowed down, I just turned around in confusion. ,,You have my respect for that I guess,but I still don't know who you are.'' ,,You're the first one to ever say this to me in at least twenty years.''

My facial expression dropped. ,,At least twenty years..? How old are you even? You don't look a day older than eighteen..'' ,,I stopped counting years ago..Hm..Let's say one-hundred-fourtytwo?'', he fondly chuckled after saying that.

An fellow immortal, interesting... ,,An immortal?'' ,,Earth Immortal to be exact.'' ,,Ah..I see.'' I rested my chin on my hand and took a close look at him. He's quite good-looking, not too tall, light brown eyes and a very soft, calm voice. Xuhuan-jun..Doesn't ring a bell. Would it be considered inappropriate if I ask him about his real name?

,,Xuhuan-jun, may I ask for your real name?"

,,I've liked staying anonymous in the last few years."

,,Just tell me your family's name then." What the hell..I thought he saved the world? How come no one even knows his name?!

,,And what will you do with that information?"

,,Guess your name! I know everyone."

,,What if I don't want to tell you my name? I don't know yours, too." Is he provoking me?

,,You don't know me anyways."

,,Hm, right.. But you seem to, let's say, live well. You must be from very far away, maybe even another country."

,,Just because I don't know Xuhuan-jun? Interesting. What I can tell you is, that I'm indeed from very far away."

,,Now you're getting mysterious too I see."

,,Hey, stop, have you forgotten about me? I'm still here!", the one guy complained pouting.

,,I still don't even know your name.''

,,Qin Yusheng, Clan Leader of the Jiangsu Qin Clan!'', he introduced himself confidently.

,,Clan..Leader? Are Clan Leaders getting younger and younger these days?''

He looked at me in confusion. ,,I'm twenty-one...''

,,Why did you become a clan leader at such an age?'' ,,My father is too weak to fulfill his position as a clan leader anymore..He's very sick.''

,,I see..When I was your age I-'' met the love of my life. Realizing this made my heart feel so heavy again. My dear Wenyan...

,,Yes...?'',Yusheng brought me back into reality, ,,What did you do when you were my age?''

Xuhuan-jun gave me a weirded-out gaze. ,,Are you okay?''

I nodded. ,,Mhm, yes..Just...forget what I said. It's not that interesting anyways.''

,,You're always talking about your twenties as if it's been such a long time ago already..You don't look that old actually..''

,,Ah..Haha..I don't know my actual age..''