ch.8: is it you?

p.o.v. xuxu

I needed to get out of this room with him as soon as possible. The thing about taking a bath now was a lie, actually I'm heading to Yusheng's room. As quiet as possible I walked through the inn's hallways and carefully knocked at his door. The first knock was probably too quiet, so I knocked a few more times. Finally after some time he opened the door with a sleepy face and a sore voice.

,,Who the hell- Xuhuan-jun...?" Seemed like I was the last one he expected.

,,Master Qin.."

,,It's four in the morning, what are you doing here?"

,,Can I come inside?"

,,Sure, but be quiet, my father's room is right next to mine.." I went inside and sat down on a sofa next to his bed.

,,Now away with the formalities, I need to talk about something really important..", I confessed sighing.

To others Yusheng's and my relationship could come off as distant, as nothing more as a senior-junior or a clan leader-clan member relationship. But actually we're really close friends. After I became an earth immortal, his clan found me in the wild and allowed me to live with them. Thanks to them my wounds healed well and I learned how to live with the fact that my significant other is no longer there for me. One big role in helping me played Yusheng, who was always there to listen to me and cheer me up, distract me. He knows basically everything about my past and a lot of what's on my mind.

,,Is it about Master Hanyu's breakdown?"

,,It's also about that, yes.."

,,Come on, tell me."

,,I'm not entirely sure, but I think he's not dead. He never died, Yusheng..."

His facial expression froze, it also hinted some confusion. ,,You're not joking, I assume?"

,,It's him...."

,,What makes you so sure?"

,,The way he talks, this familiar feeling when I'm around him and all these coincident similarities about our pasts..."

,,He's an immortal, right..."

,,So maybe he ascended after I died.."

,,Why don't you just ask him how his lover died?"

,,He's very sensitive about this topic... Oh, and another thing that's such a weird coincidence is that the place where his lover died was at the bottom of our temple's mountain..and that is also where I got stabbed and saw him for the last time in my life."

,,Now that's a big coincidence.."

,,What if he doesn't feel it at all? I can't just tell him that, this would trigger him..We met just a few days ago, so I don't know 'him' that much."

,,I suggest you should just try to get to know him better first then..Maybe you'll grow closer in a while."

,,He's just like back then..but I changed a lot just to overcome the pain I've had to endure. Otherwise I wouldn't be here today. What if he doesn't like this new version of me?" I was doubting my luck and more and more worries formed in my mind.

,,Of course he'll fall in love with you again if it's really him. Do you remember telling me all the things he did for you? All the times where he proved his love for you and how he risked his life multiple times just keep you safe?", my friend encouraged me with a promising smile.

,,I'll win his heart once again.."

,,Go to sleep now, hurry, hurry."

,,I hope I won't act too awkward around him.."