When he entered he could hear his boyfriend humming along with a song on the radio. He smiled softly quietly making his way behind the older and wrapping his arms around him carefully.

The humming stopped, seemingly out of surprise. "You're already here?" Seonghwa hummed, turning around in the hold. "Mhm." Yeosang hummed quietly, looking up. He felt the older's hand go into his brown strands, massaging his scalp a little before both hands moved to his cheeks. "How'd the therapy session go?" Seonghwa then asked, running his thumbs over the younger's soft skin.

"It went well as usual." Yeosang hummed, leaning forward to kiss the taller on his lips. "I came straight here." He then said, grinning a little. "I'm glad," Seonghwa mumbled hugging the other tightly. 

Everyone eventually came to the cafe. It was truly lucky that Hongjoong owned it so they could hold such meet-ups inside in the winter.

Yeosang still wasn't used to the size of the group but he was fine with it because he genuinely enjoyed the company. Even if he had come slightly disconnected from everyone else but Wooyung and Seonghwa after the incident.

"Yeosang!" The man was snapped from his thoughts by his best friend calling his name. "Hmm..?" He hummed, eyes turning to the younger. "What do you want to drink?" Hongjoong asked, probably having to repeat a question he had already asked. "Oh uh.. Just a hot chocolate, please." Yeosang smiled softly.

No one seemed to question his absent-mindedness as Seonghwa and Wooyoung had somewhat explained what had gone down a few months back. Of course, they had just said that something had happened that made him a little sick. Despite it being a lie it didn't bother Yeosang. He wasn't that open about his situation so it was fine. And no one asked questions about it either yet. Which was good.

"I'm so glad to be hanging out as a group again. Everyone's been so busy recently." Yunho hummed, sipping on his sprite. Mostly everyone hummed in agreement. 

Yeosang felt a hand on his thigh. "You okay?" Seonghwa whispered. Yeosang nodded his head, humming. "You're not overwhelmed, right?" The older then asked. "I'm fine for now. I just need to get used to this.. Again..." He said, smiling slightly.

Seonghwa nodded his head saying something about telling him if he wanted to leave. He didn't want to leave. He said he'd come and he truly wanted to stay. 

Hongjoong placed a cup of hot chocolate in front of him and Yeosang thanked the elder. "Right, Sang! You're feeling a lot better now, right?" Mingi asked, smiling at the other. Yeosang nodded his head a little. "A lot better actually.." he responded, wrapping his fingers around the warm mug.

"Can I ask what happened?" Yunho questioned. "If you want to tell of course." The guy then added, smiling in a comforting way. Yeosangs shoulders tensed slightly as he glanced at Seonghwa. "I... Just wasn't feeling well.. I'll tell you another time.." He said, getting a nod from the asker.

The rest of the night went well and it was probably the most fun Yeosang had had in the past months.

"The night sky is nice tonight..." Yeosang said, squeezing Seonghwa's hand slightly. The older hummed quietly in agreement. The shorter glanced at his boyfriend, who was eyeing the stars.

He sighed softly. "Thank you." He then said, making the other man stop and turn his gaze to him. "What for..?" Seonghwa asked. Yeosang lowered his gaze. "Well just... Everything. Bothering to stay around for the past months and not giving up on me even when I was a mess crying and cursing you out..." Yeosang said, kicking the ground a little.

"I.. I'm honestly thankful that I didn't die back then for the first time since it happened... Just thinking about what those hangouts would be like if I had died... I wouldn't want you guys to not do the and.."

Yeosang was interrupted by the other man pulling him into a kiss. "I'm sorry.. I couldn't hold back..." Seonghwa mumbled. Yeosang shook his head as if to say that it was fine.

"You don't have to thank me for any of that. I want to see you get better and finally stand tall.. Do you need support? I'll be there for you." Seonghwa said, smiling at the other and pecking his lips again. "And I can handle you cursing me out because I know you don't mean it. I'll be there through everything, okay?"

Yeosang stared at the older, holding back tears. "I love you... I really do." He whispered "More than the rain?" Seonghwa asked in a teasing tone making Yeosang nod. A chuckle came out of the older.

"I love you too."

~~~~~

and now "rain" has come to an end.

took a while and this story lasted through many of my writer's blocks. basically, i was going to give up on it at some point but i finally kicked back eventually.

thank you all for reading this mess of a story and i truly hope you enjoyed it! thank you for voting on it and commenting :)) 

the story even reached #1 at one point and even now its standing at #3 which is just baffling to me so really, thank you! i never expected for it to blow up (can i call it that?)

but anyhow, the end is here and it's time for new stories. my upcoming stories and one of the ongoing ones are monsta x fanfictions, so if you're interested those are there. 

i am also curious as to what ateez ships you'd like to have stories for? i'm open to any since i'm no hardcore shipper so feel free to comment as to what you want to read next if you're ever going to return to my page haha.

and before i forget (like i have for the past few chapters)
here's a link to my discord server! feel free to join. it's pretty dead but i'm always in reach
link: https://discord.gg/EUKpdEkDy6