Chapter 15

Pov Kiyoko

Oh My God what a day. I think I've never overworked myself this much. I even went to the library to study during lunchtime. Unlike other people I'm still trying to get used to school. Last year so many things happened that we ended up losing around five months of school. As a matter of fact, Sugawara, Koemi, Kanna and I divided in pairs and assisted school 1 week each. In other words, me and Kanna went 1 week and the next Sugawara and Koemi and that for 5 months.

Assisting school is much harder than expected. Especially when you are going all the days. It's horrible.

"See you tomorrow Shimizu-san." "See you and have a good afternoon." The whole team divided into groups and disappeared in different directions. And I'm just in the middle. Let us head home. Suddenly, a hand was upon my shoulder. What the hell. Who is it? "Hey there." Thank you, God. My heart actually skipped a beat. "Hey Sugawara-san."

We started walking. I guess he wanted to accompany me to my house. That is so cute. I think I'm about to explode. "How's everything doing at home?" "Better than Friday for sure. How about you?" "That is a weird question. You know that things at my house never change." "Yes, I know that. But how was your weekend with Masaki?" "Well, I guess he helped me finding something I had never known existed." Wait a second is he blushing? No way. That is my imagination. It's probably the cold. What do I mean with cold? Its May. I shouldn't raise my hopes. "So, what is it?" "Not gonna tell." "Huh, your, not gonna tell me. Come on spill it out." "Kiyoko, stop shaking me!!!!"

What might that thing be. I wonder if it has anything to do with any of the K's. "Quick question. What were you doing today at the library?" "Well, study mainly. At the end we have like four exams in a week period. Plus, all the essays for next week." "You are so lucky. I wanted to get some books for help but lost my opportunity." "Says the person with a library at home." "Shut up." "Why did you ask?" "I don't have any idea." "Congratulations. Welcome to the freaks." "Thank you."

We kept walking, talking about random stuff that would appear out of nowhere. This type of conversations are the best because at the end it's funny to start talking about people to jump to the topic of robots. We sure had some great laughs.

"I have a question." "What is it, Kiyoko?" "What did you do with Daichi and Asahi on Friday?" "Well, I helped them study for Japanese, English and Maths. We finished early so they decided to play a game. A question game. And thats pretty much what happened." "A question games. What did they ask?" "Normal question. For personal stuff. Such as parents name, favourite food, colour, book, film" "You know this could be a trap." "Yes, I know but it was what the cards said. And also, if something gets too personal I'll lie. So, you don't have to worry Kiyoko." "I hope so. Thank you, Koushi."

We reached my house. Now we needed to head our separate ways. I will enter my house to find my father drunk and he will head to his house where he will find emptiness and the sound of silence. "Bye Kiyoko. See you tomorrow." "Bye. See you."

He turned around and walked towards his house. I watched him until he disappeared out of my view. The lights were on, which means my father is home. I took a deep breathe and proceeded to open the door to war. The first thing I saw was that the cloaks were all over the floor. Two pairs of shoes were already in the entrance. One was my father's work shoes the other a female's heels. Not again. I got of my shoes and hanged the cloaks in their corresponding places.

The kitchen is a disaster. Everything is all over the place. Bottles of beer everywhere. Did he even go to work today? Broken plates in the floor and todays breakfast still in the microwave. The note I wrote this morning was still where I left it. This time it was all muffled up. As if someone had tried to throw it to the bin but couldn't do it at the end. I turned around towards the living room. Clothes everywhere. Ew. Disgusting. How can anyone leave everything like this? There were more bottles of beer everywhere. What has happened here?

BANG. What was that? I'm scared of even saying his name. There was some muffling from my fathers bedroom. Oh, oh. Bad time. This is so disgusting. I better head up to my room and put on some headphones or something like this. Suddenly, out of nowhere the door opened. Revealing two people making out in the bedroom. Okay that isn't true. They probably leaned on the door and it opened so they fell to the floor. They even continued doing what they were doing. This is so disgusting. They kept on like this. I was just petrified. The woman who was on top saw me. She started shouting.

"Darling. Who is that girl over there?" My father looked towards me. He changed his face to his angry one. "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING HERE? GET OUT FROM MY HOUSE YOU LITTLE BASTARD." I can't with this anymore. "I-I-I-I'm sorry. For disturbing. I'll go to my room." I tried going upstairs. "DON'T YOU DARE. DIDNT YOU HEAR ME. GET OUT FROM MY HOUSE." I was too scared to answer back. I run towards the door. Got my jacket and shoes and just run.

Tears started streaming down my face. What am I going to do now? I have nowhere to go. My phone started ringing. I'm really not on the mood. Let us see who it is. Keiji. I got the phone.

"Hello Kiyoko. I know it's weird for me to call you but I wanted to inform you that the doctors are going to operate me once again." "C-c-congratulations." "Kiyo. Are you crying? Are you okay?" "Yes, don't worry Kei." "No, youre not. Tell me the truth." "I can't." "I see. Then I'm sorry too because the doctors aren't letting me get any visits in 3 weeks." "I-I-I see." "Go to Koushi's house. He'll help. It will not be me, but I guess it doesn't matter. We are one. Remember." "Thankyou." I hanged up.

To Koushi's house it is. This is so embarrassing and sad at the same time. Just let the Earth take me. I arrived pretty quickly and ringed the bell. The door started opening. Tears were still streaming down my eyes. I was shaking from toes to head.

Pov Sugawara

I took Kiyoko home just because I wanted. The lights were on so I concluded her father was home so everything could happen. I said my goodbyes and left. The feeling of her eyes looking after me made me run. The only thing I wanted to do was kiss her, so I run from that feeling. I feel so weird.

Masaki called to see how I was doing, and we started chatting for a bit. Then the doorbell rang. I hanged up with Masaki and opened the door. There she was once again. But this time she was crying. When I saw her eyes, my body acted by itself and ran up to her and hugged her.

She just cried. My shirt ended up soaked. My face turned as red as a tomato. Masaki I'm gonna kill you. Why did you make me realise this feelings? Fuck.

"Are you feeling, okay?" "I'm better if that is what you wanted to hear." "That is good. Come I have dinner and ice cream." "Why would I want ice cream?" "So, you can suck all of the sadness inside of you." "Thanks." She just ate, ate and ate. Every single part of her sadness was thrown into that food. It was as if she was trying to drown herself in her sadness. Her own feelings. Her loneliness. The only thing I could do was accompany her during this time.

"Are you ready to talk about it?" "Do I have to?" "It's the best way of expulsing everything. Remember what the doctors said." "Okay then My house was disaster. There were broken plates everywhere. Food. And beer everywhere. A bundle of clothes were in the sofa and in the floor of the living room. I-I-I-I could hear a woman moan and then a loud bang. I decided to go to my room before anything happened, when the door opened and my father with a young girl fell to the floor. They p-p-proceeded to do you know that and then they saw me. M-m-my dad started shouting at me and kicked me out of my house."

She started crying again. This time it was loud. She was screaming in pain. Expulsing everything, she had. I hold her in my arms calming her down. How can someone treat their child like this? At this rate Kiyoko will not hold on much longer in that Monster's house. What can I do?

"Shimizu Kiyoko if you want you can stay in this house of mine until everything is over." "Y-y-you would do that?" "Of course. We are part of the K's." "Thank you so much Koushi."

Great. Now I have my god damn crush sleeping in my house.

This is so messed up. But she also has this lonely eyes. If anything, happens I'll always be here. Even if she starts dating someone different. That is a promise.