Chapter 1

Pov Kiyoko

It's been over 10 years since I met him. Unfortunately, we have been in the same class nearly every year since we were 5. The teachers seemed to think that putting two clever students in one class would help, but that doesn't work in real life or maybe it doesn't work with us.

His name is Sugawara Koushi. We went together to the same primary and middle school and now to the same senior high, Karasuno High School. At first, we despised each other. He was the person I always tied up with in the overall exam results. During primary I never actually realised he was the centre of all the insults, well he and his friend Himura Koemi (invented her for the plot). I realised this at Nagamushi Junior High, where we both vowed, we weren't to compete anymore.

Our objectives never were being the best of the class. Being the best at something is good but it also attracts attention. In my case boys and girls from my year have asked me for help, have tried to become my friend and in some cases even asked to be my boyfriend or girlfriend. This was since I was just eleven. I know this are good things to achieve and so many want this type of attention, but I don't like it.

In the case of Sugawara-san he attracted all the bullies. He was not only intelligent but vulnerable and sometimes seemed isolated. All the bullies would target him for this. Apart from his physical appearance, like his very pale skin, how short he was compared with others and his white hair. I don't remember any day of my primary school experience that he didn't come without a swollen lip or a purple eye.

I know many things have happened since then, mainly negative, but something I've learned through the years is that he is an incredible friend and I don't know how school would be without him. In other words, I think I couldn't live without a friend like him.

*

"Hello, my name is Shimizu Kiyoko. It's nice to meet you." "Hi Shimizu-san nice to meet you too. My name is Michimiya Yui." First day of school and everything is going smoothly. This is great. "Shimizu-san?" I turned around to see no other than Sugawara. "Sugawara-san. No time no sees. How are you doing?" "Oh, good, I guess." "Are you planning to enter this school's athletics club?" "W-why are you asking that?" "Oh, sorry. I thought you would enter now that your legs are fully healed." "How did you know they were healed?" "Oh, thats easy. Firstly, you are not walking like an 85-year-old woman." "I chuckled at the reality of that statement. "Secondly, you seem to run okay. And thirdly it's been nearly a year since the incident."

Wow it's been that long. I didn't realise. Although now that he said it, I wonder how his feeling after that incident. I still remember the feeling of loneliness. Also, nearly a day in a police station with broken hearts and, in my case, extreme pain.

"Shimizu, Shimizu. Are you okay?" Huh, oh no I must've gone away in my thoughts. "Sorry I think I'm still a bit sleepy." "Haha. Never mind seems like we're in the same class. It was nice to see you again." "It was nice seeing you too."

Great we are in the same class of the 10 years we've known each other we've been in the same class 7 times. And it was in those years where everything happened. Everything bad and everything good. If we wouldn't have ever been in the same class, we wouldn't have ever physically met and would still hate each other badly.

"I have the feeling the next few years will become the best of my life."

------------------------

Hello. This is my first fanfiction. And I hope that you enjoy it. Please feel free to comment whenver you want. Thankyou so much for reading.