"Good night, everybody!" Jimmy calls everyone's attention. "On behalf of Carter and Dennis, welcome and thank you very much for being here on this special evening. You should have received a lanyard that looks like this at the entrance," he dangles the item for everyone to see. "If you haven't taken a look at it yet, I want you to do so now to find which team you are in. Then I want everyone in Team Carter to move to the right side of the alley, and everyone in Team Dennis to the left."

Carter and Dennis look at each other and finally clicks for them why Didier ordered 'Team Carter' and 'Team Dennis' to be embroidered on their shirts. The guests split and Dennis' brothers cackle when they figure they'll be competing against each other.

"That's more like it. Good job everyone. And here are the rules. The two lanes on the right belong to Carter and the two on the left to Dennis. Every person in the team gets a turn to roll the ball and hit as many pins as possible during three rounds. If you suck at bowling, then pretend tonight that you don't because your team needs you. The team that scores the most points is the winner."

My brother plays some music as Dennis and Carter organize their teams. What makes it fun is that besides that friends and family are mixed, there are people of all ages in them and the kids look as if ready to conquer the world. Thomas gives us a signal to take a break as the game begins and we meet in the kitchen.

"Why aren't we planning more engagement parties?" Will pats Thomas on the shoulder. "You've outdone yourselves with this one. What happened earlier is forgotten and everyone is having the best of times."

"I doubt Carter has forgotten it," I say as I pass a tray of sliders around. "But he's doing his best to put it aside for the moment."

"I couldn't have done this event without Didier," Thomas says, and I agree. "I have to admit that I felt anxious because this situation is difficult. Didier gave me the figurative kick in the butt to realize that we had to make this work for Carter. Plus, he arranged many of the things tonight. You make a badass party planner."

Didier smiles and shakes his head. He thinks so little of himself when he's a talented man. I can't stand it when he puts himself down, my heart hurts. I kissed him because I just can't accept that he doesn't think worthy of a loving relationship. It was inappropriate and risky, but my heart moved me to do it. We have been friendly ever since and haven't mentioned the kiss, although it seems like he wants to start the conversation. And at times, I want to kiss him again.

"I have about ten minutes of programmed music. Feed me!" Jimmy rushes into the kitchen.

I hand a slider to my brother and he stuffs the whole thing in his mouth.

"You are a pig! Will you stop doing that?" I say.

"Noin' wa'? "

"Putting whole food items in your mouth. Have you ever heard of taking bites?"

He lifts a finger as he downs the glass of soda that Didier has given him and then burps loudly. The guys burst laughing and celebrate how epic it was, and I'm extra grossed out.

"When you radio dates find out that you are a damn caveman, they'll run away."

"If anyone answers the request. My boss obliged me to accept the suggestion after my sex life was discussed on air. The only thing left was saying out loud that I'm bi. My options were agreeing to that or losing my job. It was an easy pick," he grabs another burger from the tray and returns to his DJ booth.

"Did you know what went on at the station?" Will asks me and I shake my head. "He told me how the conversation with his boss went and it wasn't pretty. In a nutshell, Jimmy lost his trust, since according to him, he put the reputation of the station in jeopardy when people called to complain. Let's hope it all cools off after a date or two, if anyone responds."

"I feel responsible," Thomas says. "I'm used that women at weddings approach me with a crazy proposal and I have a set of standard answers in my head to decline. I should prepare Jimmy better for those situations and even protect him by intervening. I'll head out to check how the bowling competition is going. Can you save me some of Marissa's pastries?"

After finishing my food, I head outside and enjoy the cheers coming from every side.

"Excuse me," a male voice says while tapping on my shoulder.

"Hello, can I help you?" I say to the man who looks lost and messy.

"I'm Carter's best friend and business partner, Miles. My car broke down and I could only get here now."

"Nothing to worry about. I'm sure he'll be delighted that you made it here. Can I offer you something to drink?" I ask, and he nods. "I'm Abigail, one of the wedding planners. Dennis said you introduced him and Carter."

"Pleasure to meet you, and yeah, Dennis and I played volleyball in college, and Carter was my roommate. Dennis was always the life of the party and whenever he was around, I could see how much Carter enjoyed himself. They were made for each other and I'm so happy for them. I felt honored when they asked me to be a best man. I'm a witness to the start of their relationship and now I'll be there as well when they make their love promise."

"Words said by a true romantic. Would you like a beer?"

"Or two or three since I had to take a taxi," he grins. "I've been to this place before, but it looks better than ever. Dennis is having the time of his life," he watches as Dennis celebrates a good roll from his team. "A night none of them will forget. You've done a great job."

His words make me feel proud, but we've done the extra mile at this party because we like the grooms so much. Once Miles has a cold beer in hand, I escort him to the group of guests and Dennis and Carter come to greet him.

I turn around and find Didier behind me, and his face doesn't show his usual friendliness.

"New friend?" He asks in a tone I don't appreciate. "You were quite cozy with him at the counter."

"What does it matter to you?"

Didier glares at me and then walks away. What is this game we are playing?