"Okay."

Finally, Malcolm placed his attention on the phone.

"You're going to Long Island to get breast plants?"

"Implants..." Jersey cackled as she corrected him.

June's mouth gaped widely. She looked over at Jersey.

"You told him?"

"I didn't think it would be a problem." Jersey excused herself. "Besides, he caught me off guard."

"I mean, it's not." June immediately replied. "But yeah, I'm getting breast implants. You got a problem with that?"

Malcolm shrugged his shoulders and said, "It's your body. I just don't understand why you want Jersey to go with you."

June blinked a few times and said, "Because we're cool now, and I want to hang out with her. So I figured this could be a way we can get to know each other better."

"Yeah, right..." He trailed off.

"I'm serious!" June raised her voice with a smirk. "We're going to have fun while we're in Long Island."

"You won't be having much fun after getting that shit implanted. And I don't know if she should go with you...." He shook his head. "She's pregnant, and it could be risky. Get somebody else—like mama or Morgan."

"Max, she's not handicap." June retorted with her nose wrinkled. "Mama is going on vacation, and I don't want Morgan to go with me."

"What about Amber?"

"No..." June shook her head. "I'm not trying to deal with her either."

"Naomi?" He pressured her.

"Naomi is in Bali with her parents—annual vacation trips, but she should be back by tomorrow. I didn't ask her. So, can you lay off the alternatives? I asked Jersey because I want her to come with me."

"Well..." He trailed off, trying to think. "She's taking her bodyguard with her."

Jersey looked at him with her eyebrows furrowed. She couldn't believe how hard he was going over her. The look on his face was difficult to read. He didn't seem excited about the situation at all.

"Alright. Damn, Malcolm. Let the girl go outside and hang for a while. I'm sure Jersey doesn't want to be under you all day, every day."

Jersey didn't bother to speak. Instead, she wore a slight smirk on her face and looked off.

▲▲▲

Jersey blew out some air as she stood by the archway of the bathroom. Her eyes were settled on Malcolm, who was busy grooming in the mirror. She loved seeing him do that—he washed his face with his facial cleansing brush quietly while enjoying the sound of the water rushing through the faucet.

He was delectable and perfectly inked up. Malcolm's bronze complexion was filled with tattoos. His neck and arms were covered in tattoos. He stood there with a towel wrapped around his waist since he just hopped out of the shower.

He didn't notice her gazing so, Jersey decided to walk inside the bathroom. She neared him and gently wrapped her arms around his waist. Malcolm didn't seem startled by her since he saw her in the mirror.

She buried her nose in his skin and inhaled. He smelled good, and his skin was soft and moisturized. Jersey lifted her head and cocked it to look at the side of his face.

"Your skin is so soft." 

He didn't bother to reply. Malcolm leaned over, which led to Jersey moving away from him. He washed his face thoroughly and immediately wiped away the water.