Chapter 11

A.N: I know this is a BIG TIME SKIP but oh well. I am going to merge them leaving in this chapter.

Dahlia POV

It is my last lesson with the seventh years before their exams. They are all incredibly stressed as they have a charms exam tomorrow. They are revising as I felt bad for them but I can tell they aren't taking anything in that they are looking at. "Alright, stop. You are all a mess. You won't remember anything this way you are too stressed," I tell them.

"Well, what do you suggest we do stop revising," Lily says astonished.

"No. But I am going to help you practice by making it fun you will remember. Now you have charms correct. So I am going to put Nick in my arms watching you guys and you have to think of charms to impress him," I explain. When they look hesitant I explain further. "You will remember it better as it is a competition also you guys won't be stressed and besides there aren't many charms that a baby doesn't find amusing."

Eventually, I get them to agree and that is how we spend the rest of the lesson. They all improved massively in terms of lowering stress levels. Hopefully, it works and they will be able to do well in their exam tomorrow. Their defence one is in three days and I already promised that I would do after dinner sessions until curfew with those that want the study time. Many people choose to come to this. I suppose last minute revision was definitely a big thing this year group.

I am waiting outside the great hall when the exam finishes along with Fred and Nick. "Well, how did it go?" I ask them all.

I probably should have asked in class as the next forty minutes are spent in the great half talking to each least each student once if not more. It would have lasted longer but Nick started to cry so we had to go back to our rooms to put him to sleep after changing him. The same thing occurs with the fifth years after their exam, though I left Fred with Nick in our rooms so I could talk for longer. 

I have many of the students from both years come to me over the last few weeks of school thanking Fred and me for our teaching as it was so helpful and they learnt so much. As they had done their exams they don't need to come to lessons, however, some seventh years did to keep practising their patronus if they haven't already formed part of one or a corporal one yet. I don't mind as it gave me something to do and it is interesting to see.

Nick is an angel, he still wakes up a lot at night as he is only young but he is so happy. He is easily entertained thanks to some of the toys we have gotten from students after he was born. We are leaving soon as it is the end of the school year. We have started to turn the room back to normal for the next teacher. A few of the students have tried to convince us to stay in touch, it was very hard to come up with a reason as to why we can't. Especially as most of the reasons like distance don't apply to wizard life. I mean they have floo powder and apparition. Eventually, we just tell them we aren't sure where we would be so don't want to give the wrong address. They finally relent and don't try to convince us any longer.

It is soon our last lesson with everyone. We decide that it would be a fun lesson and do something similar to Christmas. But it is an obstacle course with water guns the other students can use. It includes what they learnt this year and whoever won got house points and a massive bar of chocolate. Marlene ended up winning in the seventh year.

A week later we are packing all of our stuff up to go home. We have one bag with an undetectable extension charm on it so we don't have to carry much. We decide to get a carriage to the train station and say goodbye there before going into the woods to get back. It turns out more students than we thought want to say goodbye to us. We have already said goodbye to all of the teachers at the school. It is weird knowing we are saying goodbye even though they would see us grow up again. Some will even see us when we get back. Once the train leaves, we say goodbye to the few teachers at the station. Fred, Nick and I walk into the woods where we have decided to go back to the future.

It is quite simple really to go back. We had used an old artefact that was in the Potter vault to go back in time. That we had changed the spell you use on it so it could take us back further in time. It is already able to go back further than a time turner but not as far as we wanted. So we changed the spell and it brought us all the way back. I hold Nick in my arms while Fred has his arm around my shoulders. Fred says the spell and I feel us going back to our time. Nick definitely doesn't like the sensation of time travel as he starts to scream and cry very loudly. We quickly calm down Nick and made our way to the others, sending a patronus to everyone to meet at the burrow. We have managed to come back only a few hours after we left. So it is going to be really hard to explain Nick.