Chapter 1

A.N: Fem Harry teaches her parents. Married to Fred. I am going to make this first chapter in dumbledores POV. Set a week into the school year. Enjoy.

Dumbledore POV: It is dinner time in the great hall. All the students have returned happy and healthy. It had been amusing to see their faces when I showed up as defence professor in their lessons, but alas I had no other option as I couldn't find anyone to replace it. Just as dinner gets changed to desert the great hall doors bang open and two figures walk in. They are wearing black cloaks with gold trimmings with their hoods up. Everyone freezes as they enter. They walk side by side up between the Isle of tables towards the head table. I along with my colleges stand with our wand raised. It is dangerous times this could go south quickly.

"Now, now. No need for that. We haven't been at all threatening. We just want to introduce ourselves up close," the smaller of the two says with a humorous tone. It is obvious from the voice it is a woman.

"Then who are you. And what do you want?" I demand of them.

"Well, I am Fred Peverell and this is my wife Dahlia," the other figure, a man, speaks up. He takes off his hood to reveal his fiery red hair and a face full of freckles with a cheeky grin. He can be no more than twenty. His eyes have a twinkle of mischief I often see in our residential pranksters. The second figure, Dahlia his wife, then takes off her hood to reveal curly black hair and bright green eyes that contrast with her dark skin bringing even more attention to them. She has a scar across half her forehead that goes down to her temple it is like lightning. She is smiling, it is a kind smile, unlike her husbands cheeky one. She can be no more than nineteen maybe eighteen.

"You still didn't answer why you are here," Minerva points out.

"Well, we heard there was an opening for the defence professor," Dahlia starts, "I was hoping to apply and that my husband could help me at times with certain lessons."

"Why don't we discuss this in my office," I suggest. They nod and follow me to my office.

~~~

I sit down in my chair. "Well first I need to know how old you are," I say as they sit down.

"I am twenty-one," Fred says.

"I am nineteen," Dahlia answers.

I wasn't so far off in my guesses. "So young. I'm surprised you want to teach," I admit slightly shocked.

"I have taught before I am good at it. Although, it would only be for a year. I know that isn't helpful but you don't have one and it gives you a whole year to find a new teacher," Dahlia states smiling nervously.

"Well, you will have to do a test to make sure you are a valid applicant. Why don't you do it while Fred and I talk about anything you require," I suggest. They agree and while Dahlia takes the test I talk to her husband Fred.

We figure out that he will mostly be helping out with older classes when she has to show off a spell or if she is ill. He tells me about them and how they grew up together as his little brother was her best friend and they got married a few months after she finished school. I decide that unless Dahlia fails the test I will give them the job as it seems they are good people. Though I will keep an eye on them as they both have very skilled occlumency barriers. Can't be too careful they aren't spies for Tom. When Dahlia is finished I quickly mark it to discover she got full marks. I give her the job right there.

"Thank you so much," she cries.

"No problem. But I do have to discuss with you about one of our seventh-year students," I begin seriously.

"Whatever it is we can handle it," Fred replied taking Dahlia's hand.

"A Gryffindor of the name Remus Lupin is a werewolf so around the full moon he might be sensitive," I reveal, though they don't seem to be worried. "He is perfectly safe so you have no worries," I reassured them.

"Oh, well that's fine. We know a werewolf actually a very nice person. Will not be a problem," Dahlia assures me and Fred nods in agreement.

There is not an ounce of judgement in their face which I am glad of. "Well then let's show you your room," I say standing.

~~~

Once they are in their room I leave them to get settled in and tell them I will deliver Dahlia's timetable tomorrow and that she can spend the first few lessons just checking what her students know. I told Fred if he is bored we have a great groundskeeper to talk to but not to go in the forest alone which earned a snort from Dahlia. Fred reassures me he will stay safe and I pretend not to notice that it wasn't the answer I wanted or the fact Dahlia rolls her eyes at him. I then told the other staff of our newest colleague or colleagues. Before putting up a notice in the common rooms that they have a new defence teacher.

A.N: Very short but I hope you like it is just a little taste next chapter will be in Dahlia's POV like most chapters.