Chapter 7

A.N: Chapter seven. I am only going to be doing lessons and important things. This will probably not be a long story.

Dahlia POV:

The next day we have seventh years after lunch. "Alright, class let's settle down. Seen as you just had lunch we thought now would be a good time to start working on a patronus. Now as you know from yesterday they help you protect yourself from a dementor. Have any of you for any reason been near a dementor?" I ask. None of them raise their hands. "I am actually glad of that. I and Fred both have for reasons we are not explaining. I met one in my third year and I later found out in my defence class that a dementor is my boggart. I just so happened to do boggarts with some third years yesterday and still have one. I checked and dementor is still my biggest fear," I explain.

"You fear, fear itself," Remus comments which amuses me as he was the first to make that connection.

"That I do. My mind works in funny ways. Besides the point," I shake my head to get back on track, "The reason I told you this is because, although the feeling is not as intense the boggart still makes you feel the same emotions a real dementor does. I am going to expose you to it for a short period of time around twenty seconds. I am then going to pass out chocolate before I ask you to think of a memory you think will be able to overcome what you feel." Just then Fred comes in with a load of chocolate. "Perfect timing."

"Right, I shall get the chest with the boggart. You lot pass around the chocolate. I have enough for two each. One for class, one just for fun," Fred says with a smile placing the chocolate on my desk where I start handing it out. When he comes back with the chest he places it near the front.

"Alright, now stand we are going to get you to stand by the walls and I am going to stand in front of it at the centre of the room," I instruct them. Once they get up I move the desks with some magic and Fred moves the chest to the centre. I make sure that I am what the Boggart will focus on. "Are you all ready?" I ask. They nod. I turn to the chest. "Alohomora," I say at the chest. The lid comes off and a dementor comes out. It starts slowly gliding towards me. I count to 15 trying to ignore what I hear, before pushing it back into the chest with a shield.

"Eat the chocolate," Fred tells them levitating the chest into the corner of the room before coming over to me. He takes me up to my desk. He kisses my head and passes me some chocolate which I gladly take while he moves the desks back to their original place. The class sit down.

"Now, you have just felt a dampened effect of what a dementor can do. The rest of the lesson is easy. You are going to think about your happiest memories. And really think," I tell them sincerely, "The first time I did it I thought I had a perfect memory but it wasn't enough. You have to be certain. So talk to each other as sometimes your best memories are the ones you forget until someone tells you them." They immediately all start talking and eating the chocolate. Fred and I sat down on the sofa we had to the side of the desk.

"So, I know you can do a patronus but isn't it prongs. You can't exactly show that to the class, he will recognise it," Fred whispers to me so the others can't hear. He keeps an eye on Remus making sure he doesn't hear the nickname.

"It hasn't been that for in a while. Haven't you seen it?" I ask. He shook his head. "Well, it can be a surprise," I tell him with a grin. Fred huffs in fake annoyance but doesn't argue as he knows I won't budge.

"I haven't seen it since the battle," he tells me.

"Do I never send you messages with it?" I ask shocked. He shakes his head.

"We use the mirrors that we copied."

I give him a kiss and smile, "I promise you will love it."

Soon the lesson comes to an end and I tell them to make sure it is a happy memory and that next lesson we will start casting.

~~~

Our next lesson was tomorrow. Again after lunch, which is good as they will have energy. I had Fred move all the tables to the side before they come in. "Alright, only your wands are needed today. Stand around the room but make sure you can see us. Fred will go first. We both have corporal patronuses. Although it is hard to get them, corporal. So if you don't at first do not worry. It takes a powerful wizard to do so. It will most likely be a mist at first," I explain to them as they put their bags to the side taking out their wands. I let Fred step forward.

"Expecto patronum," he states clearly. A hyena comes out of his wand and runs around for a while before coming over to Fred. "As you can tell my patronus is a hyena. Your patronus takes the form of something important to you or something significant to you," he explains.

"Although I think yours is because you laugh all the time. I was shocked George didn't have one as well," I input. Fred just gives me a look and comes over and pokes my nose.

"Funny," he says sarcastically.

"Right, my turn," I grin stepping forward. "Expecto patronum," I say with confidence like Fred. A hyena also comes out of my right hand. "Another thing to know about a patronus is that it will match your soul mates. This is why Fred and I have the same. Not many people can produce a corporal patronus which makes it harder to realise. But, mine wasn't always a hyena, it changed after we started dating, my soul recognised his," I tell them. The hyena comes back to me before disappearing.

"Right, well you have seen it now. So why don't you all practise and if you spend too long and nothing happens maybe try a different memory? I just need to borrow my wife here to snog her senseless as I didn't know that last bit of information," Fred tells them grinning. "Wait! that wasn't professional. I need to talk to her about some information she told you," he grins cheekily before basically dragging me out the room to my office leaving the class laughing behind us. "Is what you said true?" he asked as soon as the door is closed. I nod and he attacks my mouth with his. I laugh when he pulls back and kisses me all over my face. "I love you so much," he sighs.

"I love you too. But as much as I would love to kiss you we have a class," I laugh. He pouts but agrees to go back.

"Still senseless Dahlia," Sirius snickers.

"Nope, convinced him senseless in a lesson wasn't the best idea," I retort. "Now, anyone make any progress?" I ask getting on with the lesson. By the end of the lesson, everyone is able to get some form of vapour at very strengths for various times. They had been annoyed until I reassured them this was perfectly normal.