ZHONGLI. ➤ night changes

Start from the beginning

How weird, getting interested in someone you barely even know.

A sigh escaped from your pinkish lips as you swiveled away from the moon's sight and enter your house. You glanced at the wall clock, wondering why it takes longer for your boyfriend to come back home.

You shrugged your thoughts away and sat on the nearest couch. Looking bored, you reached your hand over the table to get the book you're currently reading to pass the time. Reading a book is a hobby of yours ever since you stayed at Mondstadt. You're interested in their library, dragging yourself to spend your day on it if you managed to find free time from helping your friends. Until you went here to Liyue and staying here by yourself is somehow boring, so you passed your time by reading books.

As you wished, the time passed not long enough for you to hear the entrance open. You heard steps from the entrance, making your sight flickered from your book to his. A smile appeared on your edges, feeling enlightened after seeing him.

He returned the smile you gave him, feeling calm as if his problems and exhaustion left him from his soul. It felt surreal to call him yours. In the past thousand years, the retired Archon God never felt something like this until he met you. Although he didn't manage to fall for you when he laid his eyes on you, he knew that he's in a risky situation when he knows he wanted to be selfish and wanted to see you every moment. He has fallen for you deeper.

"How are you?" You interrogated, not bothering standing up as he sat beside you already. He placed his head on your shoulder, wanting your comfort and touch, and he then placed his hand on your knees. You rested your head on the top of his as you draw circles at the top of his hand. Your eyesight was shifted to him, waiting for his reply.

"Better now," He answered honestly, letting your lips curve into a smile. You felt your cheeks burning slightly but tend to ignore it. It makes you smile that he can still make you blush although your relationship is somewhat longer now.

You hummed, letting your lips create a curve. "Really?" You glanced at him, waiting patiently to turn his head to meet your gaze.

And he did. His amber sharp orbs met yours and you could see the tenderness and easiness on his eyes. A soft smile escaped from his lips, giving you a thud in your stomach as he rested his head on your lap. "Really."

The butterflies in your stomach are not stopping from exploding, yet you ignored it and enjoy the moment. You softly brush his hair. It's messy, but you still find it oddly attractive. He's perfect. You interrogated your inner self if all of the gods are oddly attractive, if not, then you found a jackpot.

A smile formed on your lips as you get your book from your side, letting him rest on your lap. Your fingertips lingered on his messy hair, stroking them softly. Oh, for the love of Celestia, he never felt this ease before. He loved your touch and it makes him feel relax.

You continued doing your thing, only stopping your strokes when you're turning your page until you heard a soft snore from your lap, making you look down.

You can't help but let your lips smile because of his figures. You admire every single bit of him, and you never regretted falling for him. At first, you never thought that he will be exchanging your feelings towards him, and when you got to know him better, you felt like you have nothing to do and remained this as one-sided love. However, fate took a twist and let him fall for you deeper.

Archon knows how much you love him.

You leaned on his forehead and placed a delicate kiss, hopefully, he won't feel it so that he won't be able to wake up. You paused stroking his hair and placed them softly on the top of his head. Looking satisfied, your lips never stopped from curving them while you watch him sleep peacefully.

Admittedly, you could tell that the man was annoyed when you teased him and follow him around like a pet; however, he remained himself from shouting at you because it's not him. He has more patience than you ever expected and you expect him to yell at you, but he did not. He remained calm, and he gently asked you to leave when he was stressed. Being thoughtful of you, you left him because he might be busy and stressed with his work.

Yet, he suddenly missed your presence when you were gone. He hoped that he asked you to leave gently and respectfully, wishing to come by and see him the next day. Due to the important manner, you didn't manage to meet him at your usual visiting hours that made him worry and filled him with guilt.

He oddly missed you, and he wanted you to accompany him during his working hours. Thus, that day while he's working, he couldn't focus himself because something might happen to you or maybe you got upset without his awareness.

Zhongli never regretted retiring from his position as the Geo Archon, but without you showing up during his work time made him feel a nostalgic feeling. He tried reassuring himself that maybe you're working or you did something for yourself. He mentally cursed himself, since when did he become selfish?

Until you showed up that night before his dismissal. You went into his office and were about to leave for the day. The moment he saw you from the entrance made his heart throbbed against his ribcage. Without knowing his actions, he rushed to you and wrapped his arms around you.

And that made you kept everything up to accompany him. Although you knew he cares for you, not knowing if as a mere friend or as a lover (which is impossible for you to think that will happen), you thought that it's enough from him.

Until your bad days came. You're so stressed and tend to overthink every single thing. You felt you were messed up and couldn't control yourself any longer. Thus, you managed to tell him that night that you couldn't handle it.

"I'm just tired because of this one-sided love," You remembered as the conversation that night flashed back. "I like you, okay? And I felt like I don't have any chance because this wasn't your thing. So please, let me rest."

And that moment, he hugged you so tight. Memorable nights you have with him as he confessed to you under the moon.

You exhaled, followed by a smile remembering every single moment you had with him. And now, he's lying on your lap, engaged. You love but felt sad about how the night changes.

You kissed one last time on his forehead before moving away to make some tea and continue your thing since you haven't felt a drowsiness feeling. But you felt a hand on your hand as it's grabbing your wrist, forcing you to stop.

"Stay please." He said in his soft and drowsy tone. His eyes were still shut as your eyes lingered at his sleepy face.

Another sincere smile formed on your lips. "Let's go to bed, okay?"

"Here please," He retorted, stopping yourself from moving. "Don't move."

A chuckle escaped from your lips as you nodded and hummed, making sure your lover will hear it. "All right, but only for a while, okay?"

✎↷: ———————

note. LMAO I NEVER EXPECTED
THIS ONE TO BE LONGGG. i'm
planning to end it, but i decided
to place another scene until it
hit 1.8k words. so you're welcome!

thank you for requesting! i
love everyone of u okay? stay
safe. 🤍🤍🤍

 🤍🤍🤍