New Cat 🧸👌

In this AU, Momo and Jirou are older and out of U. A. They recently got a house together and have just moved in. Idk what else to say so enjoy I guess

-

-

-

A ringing noise entered the quiet room where the young couple lay together, huddled close to each other. Momo opened her eyes and turned her head sleepily to the bedside table. She turned off the alarm and yawned. She was about to go back to sleep when she remembered what was happening today. A smile appeared on her face and she sat up. This made Jirou stir in her sleep and soon opened her eyes. She looked at the black-haired girl with a confused and tired look.

"Can we go back to sleep, please? I'm tired..." Jirou managed to whisper. Momo giggled. 

"No, we have plans for today and we need to be up early!" 

Jirou groaned and lifted herself off the bed and laid her head on Momo's shoulder tiredly. Momo smiled and sighed. 

"Fine, but only thirty more minutes and then we are going," Momo said and turned to look at Jirou. However, the other girl had already fallen asleep on her shoulder. The black-haired girl laid the sleeping girl on her lap and smiled. 

Thirty minutes passed and Momo looked at the girl in her lap. She sighed and woke her up. Jirou groaned as she sat up. Momo giggled and stoop up off the bed. Jirou did the same and they picked out their clothes and got changed. Momo was wearing a blue sweater with a shirt underneath and a plaid, white skirt. While Jirou was wearing a black t-shirt with jeans and a leather jacket on top. 

The two girls walked out of the bedroom and went into the kitchen to have breakfast. They made some quick toast and ate it together. Momo was so excited to go to the animal shelter and get a cat that she couldn't stop talking about it while they ate. Jirou was just smiling at the other girl's happiness. 

The two girls finished their breakfast and hopped in the car and drove to the store. They first needed to get some stuff for the cat like food and something for the cat to play with. Since Momo used to have a cat when she was younger, she already knew they never slept in the cat bed so they didn't even bother buying one. About half an hour later, they had gotten everything they needed. They loaded it in the car's truck and Jirou found the shelter's address on the navigation and they began their little driving trip to the shelter.

Jirou put on some music and listened to it while driving, while Momo was looking out the window as if she hadn't been outside before. They drove out of the busy city and into a small village. They drove down a quiet and bumpy road until reaching a building that was bigger than the houses in the village. Jirou stopped the car in front of it and the two girls walked into the building. The floor was lined with tiles and the walls were covered in cages. The cages had a soft floor and two bowls, one for food and one for water. They looked around for a while until they found the cats section and Momo let out a quiet squeak of happiness. 

"So, which one do you wanna get?" Jirou asked, looking at Momo who was looking at a small tortoiseshell kitten. 

"Probably this one, but then I don't wanna make the other cats feel bad!" Momo said. Jirou laughed and knelt to the cage with the kitten Momo was looking at. It was quite skinny but looked healthy. 

"Momo, we cannot adopt all the cats in here and you know that," Jirou sighed. Momo nodded and smiled. 

"Yes, I know..." 

After about an hour, they finally decided on which cat to get and were now driving home. They had chosen the tortoiseshell kitten they saw and it was now sleeping in Momo's lap. Momo talked about how excited she was to finally have a kitten again and sent a picture in the group chat with their old class. Jirou was smiling and took some small glances at the kitten they had adopted. 

"Have you chosen a name for him yet?" Jirou asked while keeping her eyes on the road. 

"No, but I am looking for some ideas now. I have the ideas Apollo, Jax and Leo but I can't really choose," Momo replied with a smile. 

"I like the name Leo," Jirou said. 

"So should we call him that then?"

"If you want! But we can name him one of the other two options if it isn't your top favorite!"

"No, I like too!" 

-

-

-

Part two of this?