"Come on," he said, urging me to come forward. I did as he told me to while he changed his position by crouching low. "Come here," he mumbled and stood behind me closely.

I could feel my body getting warm as I crouched low, trying to level with the telescope. I stiffened instantly the moment he gingerly placed his hands on my hips. His face was hovering over my shoulder while our cheeks were almost touching and I had to remind myself to breathe normally.

Skye pointed at something on the telescope and began, "This is called the "eyepiece". The name's pretty explanatory in itself so yeah... you look at the beautiful creation of the universe through here." His breath fanned the side of my face while I tried to concentrate on his words.

It took every willpower in me to hold myself back from telling him to give me some space because my thoughts were all in a jumbled up distortion. It was as if my mind was drunk and stumbled across the various thoughts like the stupid chicken from Moana.

Skye continued giving me the instructions before asking me to look through the eyepiece. Before I could do as he told me to, he quickly adjusted the telescope skywards better. "Go ahead," he encouraged me.

The moment I put my eye against the eyepiece, Skye left his place from behind me. However before it could register in my brain properly, I gasped loudly. I was directly looking at the portion of our moon. I was mesmerized by having a close up look at its greyish tint and the pores that were visible as if I was standing in front of it.

"What do you think?" I heard Skye's cheery voice from somewhere beside me but I didn't avert my gaze. I was scared that if I looked away, it might disappear like it was some figment of my imagination.

"Moonstruck," I murmured, not blinking even once.

I heard his laughter and I reluctantly stepped back with the same dazed look. "Oh, Valerie." One look at my face and he began laughing again. Not that I minded.

"You're not gonna watch?" I asked him once he calmed down from his fit of laughter.

He shook his head with a funny grin still plastered on his face. "No, I've already had my share of fun yesterday. It's addictive though, isn't it?" He mused with a carefree chuckle.

I nodded my head in agreement. "I agree."

After that, Skye circled the telescope to show me the other breathtaking part of our universe. Within a matter of an hour, I had seen different types of constellations, all the planets, stars and a few other things we both had no idea about but were equally dazzled at the sight of them all. Skye would take a peek whenever I'd get too excited and practically shoved him in front of the telescope.

He also informed me that we couldn't watch the sun for two reasons. One of them being that it was night and the other was that he didn't have the filter to watch it since it's fatal for the naked eye. Nevertheless, I was beyond content.

"Wow." I inhaled, grinning and hopping around with my fists on my chest. If I were an onlooker, I'd have wheezed at myself for resembling a cartoon.

"Val," Skye's amused, teasing voice drawled from behind me.

Turning to face him, I saw that his lips were turned up into an ear splitting grin. "What? Can you blame me? I am completely amazed!" I said 'amazed' in a deep voice to show how much I genuinely enjoyed seeing through the telescope.

"No, I can't." His smile was almost secretive as he shoved his hands in his pockets.

I walked a few steps toward him and patted his shoulder gaily. "Thank you for that though! I am literally happy."