sixteen

A/N ~
woah me updating? who saw this coming? sorryyyy for the really late updateeeeee it's been busyyyyy

thank you guys so much for 400 reads!!!! a huge shoutout to marion_laufeyson and psychotic_heart your support and comments have been amazing and I appreciate it so much!!

quick few things about this chapter - I honestly can't remember if Asgardian dungeons have like magical jail cell thingos or glass and I'm very tired so imma just go with glass regardless

also some things that happen may be unrealistic, but it's happening through the magic of fanfiction so please don't question it

uh yeah also short chapter very sorry I'll make it up to you next time

so without further ado, enjoy the first update in wayy too long :)

Y/N POV~

"Hey there," you say softly with a smile, pressing your hand up against the glass.

Loki looks at you incredulously. "What in the nines are you doing here?"

"I'm rescuing you, silly. I just have to find a way to get you out of this cell."

He smiles sadly, pressing his hand against yours through the glass. "I belong here. The people just saw the truth. The monster I truly am."

You roll your eyes. He was giving the same old self deprecating speech, and frankly, you were sick of him treating himself like that. "If you say anything like that one more time, I'm leaving you here."

He gives you a half smile as you inspect the glass, searching for a way to break him free. Suddenly, a warmth fills you hands as you remember a certain useful power you just so happened to have.

You summon a white-hot sword, and just as you expected it went straight through the glass, melting it like butter. You cut a large enough hole for Loki to get through as he stares at you, a mix of astonishment and concern painted across his face. "They're going to know you helped me escape."

You give him a look. "Let them. If this is how they're going to treat you, I'd rather not spend another second on this world."

He smiles wider at you as you offer him your hand, helping him out of his cell.

You run down the darkest parts of the dungeon, Loki's hand in yours, trying to use the shadows to your advantage. Due to your lack of knowledge around the palace he eventually took over directing you, leading you around the twisty corridors and through an endless amount of doors.

"The only way out is the Bifrost," Loki says eventually, sounding defeated as you continued to run.

"So we use that."

"It's not that easy. Heimdall guards the key, and there's no way he'll let us through."

"So I'll bargain with him."

"It's not that easy, he-"

You sigh, stopping for a moment. "Do you not want to leave? Do you not want to come with me?" You spoke it as more of a serious question rather than passive aggressively.

He looks down at the floor, before staring back up at you, cupping your cheek in his hand. "Of course I want to come with you. I just want to make sure you're not throwing away all of this for me."

You smile at him. "You're all I need Loki. You're the one thing I don't want to lose."

He grins, stepping closer to you as he takes your hands in his. You leant closer, before you heard the sound of footsteps and yelling.

"As much as I don't want to ruin the moment, I think they're after us." You whisper, and he smiles, nodding.

He takes your hand, pulling you behind him as you here the guards getting closer and closer. Winding around the corridors, you end up on the famous rainbow bridge, lining the way to your escape.

The guards were definitely on your heels now, yelling for you to stop as you being to sprint across the bridge. You had to get out of here.

You were closer than ever now, finally face to face with Heimdall. The god was more intimidating than you had imagined, but you weren't about to let fear stop you. Not when you had made it this far.

You summoned another sword, ready to do whatever it took to get out of here, but he put his hand up.

"No need for that, young warrior," he spoke, his voice deep. "I will let you pass."

"What? But ho-?" Loki asks confused, but stopped when you elbowed him in the ribs. A free escape did not need an explanation.

"I have my own morals, Prince Loki. Odin won't listen to reason, so I won't listen to him if it's not what I think isn't right." (ahem, magic of fanfiction)

"Thank you, Heimdall," you say earnestly as Loki wraps an arm around your waist. He nods at you before opening the Bifrost, sending you and Loki down to earth in a blur of mixing colors. After a long time on Asgard, you were finally home.

And looking up at Loki, your home was here too.