fourteen

A/N~

hey guys! another update haha

just wanted to say sorry for not updating nearly as regularly as I used to, again I don't really have a schedule I usually write when I have idea, motivation and time. but don't worry, it's not like I haven't been writing, this whole time I've been writing notes and working on the last few chapters of the book, even though it's still a while away. idk, when I have ideas I gotta write them down before I forget them lol!

anyways thank you for 300 reads and hope you enjoy!

Y/N POV~

"Loki, where are you taking me?" You laugh as Loki leads you quickly down the hallway. All he had told you was that he wanted to take you somewhere, but it was a surprise.

"You'll see dear, but don't get your hopes up, it's not too exciting." You roll your eyes, quickening your pace to match his. 

"My hopes were up the moment you told me it was a surprise." 

Loki chuckles. "You expect too much from me," he jokes.

"Who, me? Never." He laughs again and you smile. You and Loki had been spending every spare chance you could alone together, whether it be practicing illusions again or talking and... not talking... in your favorite little alcove in the garden. Even Thor noticed your change in relationship, and never failed to tease you about it. You finally felt connected to your past and he was finally learning to accept the fact you didn't think he was a monster.

You walk up to a door, and he pushes it open for you. Inside was a large room filled with a bunch of various items you didn't recognise. "What is this place?"

"This is Odin's trophy room. All of the ancient relics he's collected defeating various other races during the years."

"Odin's trophy room? As in your father? As in the scary dude I really do not want to piss off?"

Loki laughs, dragging your hesitant self inside. "It's fine, he never comes in here anyway. I want to show you something."

He leads you to the far end of the room. An elegant gold stand stood there, holding what looked like a very sharp and very old sword. The guard fanned out to the sides in a sort of a flame shape, with the pommel matching its design. The blade was shiny silver, catching and reflecting every bit of light that hit it. It was intimidating and large, and you couldn't take your eyes off it.

"What is this?" You ask. 

Loki walks up beside you, also staring at the sword. "It's a Burned blade. I brought you here because I thought maybe you'd like to know a little more about your past."

You raise an eyebrow at him as he takes your hand in his. 

"I mentioned the ljós warriors main post was destroyed by using fire, their biggest weakness, right?" You nodded. "Well, there's more to the story than that. The fire warriors, or the Burned, they were the sworn enemy of the ljós and Asgard. They crafted strong and powerful blades, harnessing the power of fire, just like how you can harness the power of the light. They could summon these swords at any given moment, they had formed a bond with them that allowed them to access even more control. These blades stopped the ljós warriors from healing as fast or as easily as Asgardians usually would when injured, therefore becoming their biggest weakness. This is what they used to defeat the ljós."

You blink for a moment, taking in everything Loki had just told you. "If they defeated us, then why is the blade here?"

"Odin and his army fought back. They weren't threatened by the blades like the ljós were, and Odin loved jumping into war whenever he could. Long story short, the Burned were defeated and Odin decided to keep one of their sacred blades as his trophy." Whenever Loki spoke his father's name, the word was bitter and hateful. You squeeze his hand lightly as his shoulders relaxed slightly.

"Honestly, just when I think I've learnt everything about myself and my past, I find out something new."

Loki laughs. "I thought you deserved to know everything about your heritage, and warn you not to accidentally stab yourself with this sword."

You scowl at him playfully before smiling again. "Thank you, Loki. It finally feels like I actually have a place somewhere and finding more about my ancestors really helps, a lot."

He stepped closer to you with a smile. "You'll always have a place with me, Y/N."

You smile even wider as you kiss him. You turn back to the blade, still mesmerized by it. It seemed to call out to you, and you wanted to touch it...

"Ah!" You pull back your hand quickly, revealing a long line of burnt skin across your palm. "Shit."

"Y/N are you okay?" Loki takes your injured hand immediately, his cool touch soothing the stinging sensation. His face had worry written all over it.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Thank you."

His face relaxes a bit before he furrows his eyebrows. "What did you do that for?"

You shrug, confused about that part of it too. "It seemed to... call out for me. I don't really know why, or how, but it did."

He sighs. "Okay, well try not to touch it again dear."

You chuckle. "I'll try my best."

You both leave the trophy room, your hand still sore but it wasn't anything you couldn't handle. 

~

You were currently sparring with Thor, eager to try a new move you had learnt from Loki. Without him noticing, you summon a split image of yourself in your place, stepping away from it. Thor swung Mjolnir towards the illusion, only to have it go right through the clone. You bring your sword made of light up to his neck, standing behind him as you force him to yield.

Thor laughs heartily as you draw back your blade. He grabs your arm to steady you as you sway on your feet. You still hadn't figured out the whole 'conserving energy' part of summoning an illusion. "I'm starting to worry you're spending too much time with my brother Y/N."

You scowl at the god as he continues to chuckle. "He cares about you very much, and I'm happy he finally has somebody. I've never seen him act this way around any one else before."

You smile at Thor's statement. "I'm happy I have him too."

He looks you dead in the eyes before saying, "Do you love him?"

Your eyes widen, taken aback by his question. "I- Uh- Why do you care?" You hadn't really thought about it before. But the truth was you had never felt this way around anyone. Sure, you'd had a boyfriend or two in highschool, but this was different, it felt special, real.

He grins. "I'd just like to know whether my future sister-in-law actually cares for my brother. But don't worry, you don't have to answer now." You choke on nothing at his statement, suddenly coughing and spluttering.

"I, uh, think that's enough training for one day." You gather your things and turn to leave the room. Loki was right, Thor could be a huge oaf sometimes.

You took your shower, soothing the aching joints in your hands that had seemed to have gotten worse and worse ever since you started using your illusion ability. It was worth it though, it gave you an edge in your fighting. Eventually you settle down for the night, exhausted after a long day and from using your powers so often.

~

You awoke with a yawn, having a feeling you overslept due to the absence of knocking waking you up. Sighing, you draw back the covers and decide to search for Loki. 

As you were walking down the hallway, you notice Thor, a worried look on his face. "Thor! Have you seen Loki?"

"Lady Y/N, I was looking for you. Loki's been, uh-"

You frown. "He's been what, Thor?"

"Loki's been arrested."