twelve

Your POV ~

After the excitement from Odin's agreement wore off, you now found yourself a little bored again, and extremely overwhelmed by the noise and colorful costumes. You decide to step outside, get some fresh air. This feast was being held for you, but no one seemed to notice as you slipped out of the dining hall and into the corridor.

What you had wanted most this entire night was for Loki to come dance with you, speak to you, interact with you in any way. You knew after what had happened he wouldn't, but part of you was still hoping. 

You unconsciously walked down to your favorite little alcove in the garden, most likely due to your constant thoughts about Loki. Nestling in the same spot by the hedge that you always sat, you draw your knees up to your chest, resting your chin on top of them. 

You felt lost. You could manage yourself, you had been used to it after all this time, but having someone like Loki around in this strange and unfamiliar place was comforting to you. He was the only person that didn't make you feel below him or uncomfortable when you were around him. Sure, you were still good friends with Thor and Sif, but something about Loki was different.

Loki POV~

I searched the party for a while, asking everyone who crossed my path if they knew where she was. I couldn't hide from her any longer. I needed to tell Y/N how I felt.

Eventually I started to lose hope, Y/N nowhere in sight. What was the use of even staying here if the one person I wanted to see I couldn't actually find?

Sighing, I slipped away from the feast, knowing exactly where I wanted to go. If I couldn't actually talk to her, I could at least be somewhere that reminded me of her. I took the same path I always took to the gardens, the quickest one. It had been a while since I has visited that alcove.

As I walked through the hedges I saw her. Y/N sat where she always did, huddled up in a ball. She moved slightly as she noticed my presence, but her gaze didn't move from the floor.

"Y/N-" I started, but didn't know what else to say. I had hurt her, and no amount of apologies could fix that. Silence lingered for a few moments.

"For almost six years, I thought I was a monster," she spoke after a while, her voice quiet and sad. I stood in my spot, frozen and silent, overwhelmed with guilt as I listened. "I lost control of my powers one day and blew up my own house. For almost six years I thought I'd killed my own parents. The guilt ate me up inside. What kind of daughter is so careless to kill the people they love? And then I found out that I never did. That my parents were never real. That I beat myself up and felt so horrible for years for absolutely nothing." I blinked, shocked as she explained the truth. We had never talked about anything so sensitive and personal, and I felt honored she was trusting me with her story. "And when you told me over and over again that you were a monster, that I should be scared of you, that hurt me. You reminded me of my younger self, and I tried to tell you that people change, and I wasn't scared of things you'd done in the past. Things I wished someone had told me when the- the incident happened. Why is it so hard for you to see that I don't care about any of that? I don't care what you've done, what you're truly capable of. You're the only person in the whole of Asgard that truly makes me happy, the first person here who always knows the exact thing to say to make me laugh. I understand you think you're a monster, that you're an outcast, but I don't see that side of you. I see the side that cares. The side that summons brightly colored butterflies for the little children to play with in awe as they pass by. The side that is a gentle, caring teacher that has taught me more in a month than anyone has taught me in six years. The side that makes the funniest, wittiest sarcastic comments that always make me laugh, and smiles that signature grin I love so much. The side I've grown to care about, as more than a friend."

She sighed as she finished her speech, as I gaped there in awe. She actually cared about me? Liked me? 

Y/N POV~

You meet his eyes slowly, anxiously awaiting his response after you finish your speech. He freezes for a moment, before walking over and sitting down in front of you. He reaches for a fist you hadn't realised you clenched, gently opening your fingers before taking your hand in his.

"I've been scared to lose you ever since I realised what a remarkable person you truly are. Everyone I've ever grown close to has realised what I truly am sooner or later. They're always pushed away by the truth, by the monster inside of me. And that's why I thought it was better to just get that horrible, heartbreaking part out of the way as soon as I could. Because I like you too, Y/N. You're the only one who's ever understood me, who's ever accepted me, even after I pushed you away. And I don't want to push those feelings, or you, away any more."

You let out a breath you didn't realise you were holding as you stare at him, shocked by his confession. He slowly moves beside you as you look from his green eyes to his lips. He gently takes your chin in his hand as he tilts it upwards, before pressing his lips to yours.

The kiss was magical, like something you didn't realise you had been wanting for so long. Your lips moved gently against his as you kissed him back, you fingers tangling themselves in the hair you had wanted to touch for so long. He wrapped a strong arm around your waist, the other still holding your chin as the kiss lasted for what felt like an eternity. It still wasn't long enough for you though as he pulls away, resting his forehead against yours as you both catch your breath.

He grins, intertwining your fingers with his, one hand still wrapped tightly around you. "That- That was-"

"Incredible," you finished his sentence, smiling just as widely as him before kissing him again.

A/N~

AHHHHHHHHHHH

okay, I have to admit, I got way too excited and may have squealed a few times writing this chapter. I hope you liked ittt!!!

also, quick question, is Y/N a likable character? in a lot of stories I've read not many people ever like how Y/N is written, and I kinda wanted to change that with this story... If not, please tell me what I can change to make her a more likable character haha

anywayssss I hope you enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed writing it and have a wonderful day!!