I felt a very soothing feeling around Veena ma which I had never felt for anyone else other than my family.
I felt as if Veena ma was my family.

Veena ma served the food along with me to Vikram and grandma.

I had never felt something like this, but when Vikram started eating, I really hoped he liked it. 

He ate some and looked at me and smiled.
He gave a thumbs up.. And continued eating.. I smiled..

"Sreedevi, why did you put so much of salt for the sambar. ", grandma rebuked.

" Paati, it's good.. The salt is correct.. I guess there is some problem in your taste buds", Vikram said defending me.

Grandma gave Vikram an angry look.
"Whatever, I'm not eating that sambar", she said

Vikram looked at me, smiled and gently closed his eyes and opened it.

After they finished eating, I took a taste of the sambar. Yes it was a little bit salty.
Why did Vikram defend me.. he hated me, so he should have taken this opportunity to rebuke me with grandma,.. But he didn't, .. And he helped me cook and drape a saree.. Why did he do this.. Unless he didn't hate me..

I finally went inside the room to rest. I sat down for a while and I felt a sharp pain on my leg...

I turned in shock.. To see a scorpion.. I was bit, I screamed out loud in fear as my heart leapt out of my chest.

Everyone ran inside on hearing me scream..

I felt intense pain, tingling and a numbing feeling over my leg..

Vikram entered first and was shocked on seeing what had happened.. He took a broom stick and beat it and threw it out of the house.. Then he rushed to me and sat down and took my leg in his hand.
It had bit my calf muscle.

Vikram

I was shocked on seeing that. I rushed to her. Nothing could happen to her. No! Not like this.
"Call the doctor! ", I shouted.
" Ohh.. Scorpion bite, I know who can heal that, it's not a big thing", said grandma

I became furious.. "It's not a big thing! Not a big thing? Call the doctor fast.. I can't see her in pain.. If something happens to", I shouted but stopped myself from continuing further.

Nothing would happen to her..
My grandma and ma went to call the village doctor..

Sree writhed in pain and her calf muscle started swelling... I held her palms..
"You will be fine, believe me, wait one min", I said and went out.

I got ice cubes and water,.. And placed the ice cubes on her calf muscle to reduce the swelling..
Each time she writhed in pain, it pained me.. I held her palm tightly

" I'm here", I said

The village doctor came and applied some herb medicine on the sting..

"She can take pain killers, if there is too much pain, or else just apply this and ice, if she gets any other symptoms like fever, call me, don't worry the scorpions here wouldn't be that poisonous", the doctor said.

I sat down next to Sree and applied ice...
I kept checking her temperature to make sure, she was fine..

I stayed with her the whole day, the pain was better in some time and she slept.
I didn't leave her still. I vowed to protect her, if I couldn't protect her from this, then how could I from Karan.

I brought her food at night.. She didn't want to talk much.. I stayed awake till she fell asleep..

Sree

It was a terrible pain, and along with the pain, I was scared too.. I saw the worry in Vikram's eye.. He stayed with me throughout the day,.. Taking care of me.. I didn't say a word, but being with him made me brave,.. When he put his big hands on mine..i felt safe.. happy... I saw the concern in his eyes.. more than what Veena ma had, Eyes don't lie..

He didn't hate me.. He thought he did.. or he lied.. I was happy.. Really happy.. I wished what I thought was true.. I realized I still loved him.. I had buried that word away as it hurt my self respect.. But it was there...
As this was the Vikram I loved.. The one who cared for me, had concern for me..
The one who was my friend.. I think a part of me will still love you Vikram..

The next day morning, I was fine.. There was a little pain.. But it was better
Veena ma helped me wear a saree.. Today she cooked... I was relieved

"We have to go to the temple today, after what happened yesterday", Grandma said

" Sree and I will stay here, she is hurt she can't come", Vikram said

"I'm fine, I'm coming", I said

Even I felt that I may feel better after visiting the temple..

I did feel better

Vikram
I went near her.. " You took help of Veena ma for your saree.. Today.. How could you", I teased

She looked at me

"This is a temple, shut up", she said

" You looked more pretty, yesterday.. When I helped you", I said

She smiled. " What no, I didn't tell because it would hurt your feelings, you didn't even drape it properly ", she smiled teasingly

" I draped it better than you " , I said,

We were to go back after visiting the temple but were waiting for ma and grandma to finish their prayers.

"Don't boast, and this is a temple, let's stop this inappropriate talking, anyways I wanted to ask you something", she said.

The wind blew heavily and her hair flew around.. The air was cool.. I looked at her in awe. . When someone spoke breaking my trance.

" Vikram,.. Kamala's grandson aren't you", a man asked.

I turned around , there was an old man wearing orange dhoti, and beads.. He looked like a sage.

He looked at Sree and smiled.

"Made for each other by God", he said..