She turned to me angrily
" I am really patient Vikram. Your grandmother is irritating me", she said.

I sighed. Why did Grandma have to do this. I wanted to go to grandma and defend Sree, but I realized that would spoil my act fully.

"I'll help", I said and took the onions from her hand and started chopping it fast.

" You make the sambar ", I said.

" Veena ma had to correctly go out today,"  she said and took out the sambar powder.

"How much is needed for 4 people ", she asked.

I specified the amount needed for that as well as the other ingredients for sambar.

" What are you doing here Vikrama", shouted my grandma from behind.

We turned back. "Why are you cooking, that is your fiancé's job", she said

" I'm just helping her paati, how can she cook for all of us alone ", I said

" She has to, that is her job, you don't interfere in this ", my grandma said sternly and pointed at the door.

I sighed , put my knife down , left and took a glance at Sree.

" Sreedevi make a sweet too", said my grandma.

She sat on the swing. "No one can go in, understand, go to your room", grandma said.

I went to my room.. How was Sree to cook alone..

Sree
I was sweating profusely in this place, especially with the saree, it was more hot..
She wanted me to cook, fine, she can eat whatever and however I make it.

Then I got a video call, it was Vikram.. Why was he calling me now..

I picked it up..
"Hey Sree, I'll help you like this, I'll tell you the ingredients and the quantity", he said.

I hesitated. Why do I have to take help from him each and every time..
But I didn't argue,

He kept telling me what to do and I followed it..

" Make payasam, for sweet, it's easy, take the semiya, elachi, milk and sugar. ", he said.

I followed his steps and did what ever I could. I was so tired... To even eat.

I went out, " Grandma, the food is ready, I'll go to my room and sit for some time under the fan", I said.

"Who will serve", his grandma asked.

Was I a servant, .. I was furious, I opened my mouth to reply, when I saw Veena ma enter the house..

" Come Veena, right on time, your daughter in law has made food today, let's eat", she said

"Sree did? ", Veena ma looked at me surprised. I had told her before that I don't cook much.

" Go Sreedevi.. Bring the food and plates", Grandma said.

I went to the kitchen furiously.
"I'll help her ma, ", Veena ma said and came behind me..

She helped me carry the vessels.
" Sree, look at me", she said
I looked at her, my eyes showing frustration

"I'm sorry Sree,.. That she made you do this and.. She looked at my saree.. How did you drape it? ", she asked.

I didn't tell anything. I blushed thinking about Vikram draping it on me.

" ma is conservative. She is old also.. She can be hard on people, I know..but Just adjust for 2 more days da.. Please", she asked me pleadingly

"I will ma, for you", I said