"With nuts in it," I agreed. "No," she said and I frowned. "No?" I asked, and here I thought I had her.

"Yes, today is the opposite day and no means yes," she said smartly and I rolled my eyes. No doubt that she was Calina's daughter.

"Let's go then," I said, getting up before taking her hand and leading her to Lucy's room. As we approached her room, the nanny rushed out of her room and sighed in relief as she saw us.

"I'm so sorry sir, she rushed out and I couldn't leave Lucy alone, so I called a staff to watch Lucy before I would go looking for her," Mary apologized.

"Well, do you know why I'm paying you Mary?" I asked her with a blank smile. "To take care of the children, of course, I'm sorry, she just ran out before I could stop her," she apologized again.

"Yes, I'm paying you to take care of the children so they don't run around the mansion like lost Chihuahuas," I told her. "And the next time I see one unguarded, you will be fired."

"I understand, I'm sorry again," she mumbled and grabbed Zia's hand. "Prepare them for bed and when they are both in bed, call me, I promised them to read a story," I told her and she nodded her head before I went to my office.

As I walked into my office, I sat in my leather armchair and did some paperwork. After a while my phone rang and I saw that the caller was my hacker.

"That was quick, what did you find out?" I asked her. "Not much. Her life as Evelina Turgenev is like wiped out. The same goes for Evelina Morelli. Every time she took a new identity, her past was erased as a new life was created for her. I don't know who did that, but the person is playing with the system like it's a walk in the park. The person who stands behind her and made her live in different identities is someone who is strong. Therefore, I couldn't find out much about her. But I was able to find out about her relationship with Raphael. You know the annual event where you meet to strengthen your bonds. She gave a speech there claiming he kidnapped, abused, starved, tortured, raped her—"

"Alright! Enough! I didn't need any more, thank you!" I told her, I already knew who the hacker was.

"You're welcome, have a nice day," she said. "You too," I said before ending the conversation and leaning back in my chair.

Interesting. She had claimed that he abused and tortured her at the event, in the past, but now she was covering his ass.

There was something off. He was obviously threatening her. Abusing her, and threatening her under my roof.

But if I was Draven I'd turn the tables on so. I'll make her make him  squeal like a stuck pig. I'll bring him in her mercy.

And I already knew how, and the scene created before my eyes, in my mind, was phenomenally satisfying. The knock on my door brought me back from my thoughts.

"Yes," I said and Mary came in. "Sir, I put the girls in bed, they are waiting for you," she told me.

"Thanks, you can go," I said and she nodded before she left. Sighing, I got up from my chair with a sigh, left my office before I closed the door behind me, locked the door with my fingerprint and went into Lucy's room.

As I entered Lucy's room, I saw them sitting on the bed, waiting for me. Smiling, I went to the bed. They looked really tiny compared to the bed as I wanted my daughter to sleep comfortably and bought her a double bed.

"Did you choose the story?" I asked them as I sat on the bed before looking back and forth between them.

"Yes, daddy, that," Lucy said, handing me a damn notebook that happened to be in every guest room in the mansion in case my guests needed it. In general, all of the guest rooms in my mansion were well equipped.

"That's not a story," I said and was about to put the notebook aside as Zia said, "Yes, it is. I found it in my bedroom."

She opened the notebook in my hands. "You see, there is a story," she said smartly, pointing to the written page.

"You found it in your bedroom?" I asked her and she nodded her head. "Can you read it to us, daddy?" Lucy asked me now.

"This is not a story," I muttered as my eyes wandered over her words. "When did you get that?"

When they didn't answer me, I looked up to see that they were both looking at me guiltily.

"Promise me you won't be mad, daddy," Lucy muttered. "Why should I be mad?" I asked with a frown. "Lucy and I went to get it when Mary called you," Zia babbled.

"So, you went around unguarded? Again?" I asked them before looking at them with raised eyebrows. "And whose idea was it?"

It wasn't long before Lucy pointed her finger at Zia. "You snitch!" Zia said to Lucy and she shrugged.

"She's right, you shouldn't snitch your friend," I said to Lucretia before turning to Zia. "And that makes one chocolate bar with nuts for you for not listening."

She pouted and said, "But—"

"If you start arguing it will be zero," I warned at her and she frowned, but stopped arguing. "Smart."

"Lucy, get a book, this is a receipt from the cook you found in Zia's room," I told her and she made an O-shaped mouth before getting up to grab a book.

I pulled on her arm to help her get back into bed as she struggled to get in bed again. I looked at the book cover as they snuggled closer to me, using my chest as a pillow.

If my business partners saw me like this, my reputation would be ruined and the fear I had spread over the years would disappear in seconds.

"Interesting," I said with a smile when I saw that she had chosen Ariel.

The book suited our current situation, when we thought that Raphael could be Ursula, Calina the Prince, and I could be Ariel.

❤️❤️❤️vote and comment❤️❤️❤️