A Heart's Enchantment [ 3 ]

9 months later.....

"Mr. Kim, I need to tell you something important, and it's crucial that you listen carefully," Jungkook's doctor said solemnly to Tae after examining the reports.

"Yes?" Tae responded, his expression serious.

"I'm sorry to say that this pregnancy is extremely risky. Your husband's condition isn't good, and it could potentially affect the baby," the doctor explained, causing Tae to fall silent.

"Furthermore, I should inform you that..." The doctor paused, and Tae looked up, his eyes filled with concern.

"You may face the possibility of losing either your husband or the baby," the doctor delivered the difficult news.

"What?!" Tae was shocked, feeling as though his world was crumbling around him.

"We're doing everything we can, but your husband's condition is critical. You understand, right?" the doctor asked, and Tae nodded slowly, his face devoid of emotion. He stood up quietly and left the doctor's office.

Up until the eighth month of Jungkook's pregnancy, everything had been progressing smoothly, and their baby was healthy. However, as Jungkook entered the final stretch of his pregnancy, his health began to decline. Doctors informed Tae that Jungkook was facing complications that could jeopardize the baby's health in the later stages.

Currently, Jungkook was in the hospital, with surgery scheduled for the following day.

Tae exited the doctor's office and left the hospital immediately. He drove to a familiar spot where he used to go when feeling down, a place he hadn't visited since he met Jungkook. Jungkook had brought color into his life, but now everything seemed dark and uncertain. How could Tae bring light back into Jungkook's life?

Sitting in front of the Han River bridge, Tae gazed at the sky, feeling an overwhelming pain in his heart. He was hurt and broken, facing the terrifying reality of potentially losing his beloved Jungkook or their baby.

Tae cried uncontrollably, screaming in frustration, and pulling at his hair in anguish. He released all the pain and fear he had been holding inside. Losing Jungkook was unimaginable, and the thought of losing another child shattered him.

Meanwhile, Mrs. Kim tried calling Tae repeatedly, but he was in no state to answer. He sobbed loudly, unleashing his pent-up emotions, unable to cry in front of Jungkook, who needed him to be strong.

After a few hours, Tae returned to the hospital, where Mrs. Kim approached him with an angry expression. Before he could explain, she slapped him hard.

"Mom, what—" Tae began.

"Where were you, you idiot? Jungkook is fighting for his life, and you were nowhere to be found!" Mrs. Kim yelled, tears streaming down her face.

"What?!" Tae was devastated.

"Jungkook was having trouble breathing, so they rushed him into surgery. They needed the baby's father, but you were missing!" Mrs. Kim explained, and Tae's eyes welled up with tears again.

"I need to see Kookie," Tae said, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Tell the doctor that the baby's father is here," Mrs. Kim instructed Mr. Kim.

As Tae entered the surgery room, his heart sank at the sight of Jungkook lying unconscious on the operating table, surrounded by medical equipment and a team of doctors. The gravity of the situation hit him like a ton of bricks, and he felt an overwhelming surge of emotions.