Rejected and Accepted?

-Before everything changed-
"I Reinhardt Wilhelm, reject you."
Your heart stops and you stand frozen while trying to keep your composure around him. He then walks away from you without saying a single word to you and it all comes crashing down on you to the point that you start crying and holding yourself. Though it hurt you told yourself that it was for the best, *He probably deserves better anyways, Overwatch's strongest soldier is at his prime, he doesn't need a Disappointment of a fighter.*
You  get up and walk away to then pack your stuff and get ready to run away like a coward. "This is probably why he hates me anyways.....I am a coward.." ,after you leave your room you walk down the hallway towards the elevator when all of a sudden.
*BOOM*
The building blows up and shakes around the entire base. After the first explosion you look around confused and scared to then see nothing but smoke, fire, and rubble. Worried about the others you run looking for everyone but see no one else, as you keep going you hear someone calling out to you. "HELP, HELP SOMEONE PLEASE BE HERE!" You turn to where the voice is and are terrified to see Young Pharah trapped under rubble, you think about where Ana could be but remember she was still recovering from the incident. Rushing over to her you move some rubble out of the way and try to calm her down "Pharah you have to be ready to crawl out, I can only hold this for so long!" You say this to Pharah to calm down and crawl out, you help pick her up and carry her on your back towards any exit. As you keep going more rubble falls but you dodge it no matter what, you get scared and worried if you'll die like this with her, with a child you failed to save and a broken heart from a lover. "(Y/N) THERE RIGHT THERE!!" You get snapped out of your thoughts by Pharah to see a bright light and an open exit for you guys. As you both are happy you rush towards it to then see rubble fall down, without thinking you grab Pharah and push her towards the exit to then get a huge pile of rubble on you. "(Y/N)!?!" Pharah screams, "JUST GO!!RUN AND GET TO SAFETY I'LL FIND ANOTHER WAY OUT!" You shout at her, as she's scared to move she remembers her moms lessons and your words to then keep going to the exit "I'LL GET HELP!" She shouts as she leaves for the exit, you hear this but think about just staying under the rubble. Mostly because of what's the point when the one you trusted left you, but even with a heavy heart you are happy you saved someone in your final moments.

Rein POV:
After the explosion I was helping everyone get out, it wasn't easy because of the sudden explosion and not many were accounted for. I help everyone I can but soon remember Pharah and drop everything to go find her but soon see her running towards me. "MEIN GOTT PHARAH YOURE OK!" I say but then see tears knowing she's probably scared right now after this. I immediately hug her after knowing she's safe and take her to a med bay. "Come, Come let's get you taken care of-" I say but she pushes me and instead pulls me with her to the fire. "I'm fine Rein! But it's not me who needs to be saved!" She says but I just looked confused and grab her arm towards the end bay thinking she meant the other survivors. "Don't worry everyone is saving them, you can rest it's ok-" "ITS (Y/N)!?!" I immediately stop and turn to her with a pale face after hearing those words. "w-w-what?" I say scared for the very few times I have ever been. "ITS (Y/N)! HES TRAPPED UNDER RUBBLE, HE SAVED ME AND I WENT TO FIND SOMEONE!! REIN PLEASE YOU HAVE TO SAVE HIM!!" She yells while crying, and after hearing that I run to the fire with her on my back to lead me to the area. I run as fast as I can and regret what I did to him....rejecting him...was hard..it was not my choice, mainly because I only did it to protect him from me because I don't want to break his heart with my age and if I die in battle I don't want his love life tortured by me. "THERE, RIGHT THERE!!" I snap out of my thoughts to then stop to see (Y/N) trapped under the rubble and soon feel my heart drop to the sight. "h-h-hey rein...y-you're..ok" (y/n) says weakly and I immediately help lift the rubble up and Pharah soon drags him out, on further inspection I see his right leg is broken, head was bleeding, he was heaving badly, not to mention his eyes kept drooping, he was losing energy fast so ran and carried both him and Pharah to the exit as fast as I could.
*2 hours later mixed POV*
(Y/n) wakes up slowly to a bright sun and smoke, confused he looks around to people also being treated and looks around confused as to how he got here. Soon without knowing Rein surprises him from behind which makes (y/n) jump. "WHA! Wait R-Rein, where..what happened?" (Y/n) says confused to then have Rein hug him immediately, "OW!" still in pain Rein let's go and rubs him soothingly
"I-I'm sorry I was just..worried.." with an awkward tension between the two they both turn away not knowing what to say. "Thanks..I guess.." says (y/n)
"Yes..yes.." says Rein
"OH JUST TALK ALREADY!!" They both are shocked to Pharahs words and soon look to each other to talk. After 20 min of talking you both understand what happened was too close, Rein apologizes and tells (y/n) that he regrets rejecting him and was never really upset but just scared, (y/n) understands and soon leaves a kiss on his cheek. Rein looks embarrassed to then lighten the mood for everyone, but it didn't change the fact that Overwatch would change now, but after these events you both leave on your own volition and take Pharah with you guys to her fathers home in Canada, where you and Rein would then soon after start a new life after all this, better fighting together and loving each other.
Better then Ever