114

INSTAGRAM LIVE

HELLO, my lovely people! And HAPPY PRIDE!

It is June 3rd today, which is Bisexual Pride Day! And so, I've decided to bake some cupcakes! I've got food colouring here, pink, purple— where's the blue one? Oh, there it is! Yeah, I'm making cupcakes for my girlfriend, but—

Piper leaned into the camera and whispered:

she doesn't know they're gonna be pride cupcakes so don't tell her!

Oh, the comments are already rolling in! Wow, thank you guys! It's a good day, today. Is my girlfriend bi? Yes, she is! Which explains all this.

— Who's my girlfriend? Oh cheeky. I suppose, if you must know, her name's JJ. Yes! It is JJ from Criminal Minds. Oh, You like Hotch better? I mean, I can see why, but he's not my type. Jennifer Jarreau on the other hand...

Piper grinned at the camera as the people in the comments went crazy.

Yeah, so, if you have any questions, ask away while I make the batter!

— Okay, why isn't my fictional FBI Agent girlfriend helping me? Well, because, you really don't want her in a kitchen. I'm afraid she would burn the house down!

- "I HEARD THAT!"

Piper's eyes widened as JJ yelled back from where she was sitting outside on the patio. The sliding door in the kitchen was open but she really wasn't supposed to have heard that.

— Oops, I've said too much. It's true though. Anyway! Okay... aw wait, I have to scroll back up! They're going too fast, hold on— okay

Piper read one particular message that made her smile softly. It said "Hey Piper! Thank you for being so inspiring! I'm sixteen and haven't come out to my parents yet because they're not supportive, but I really want to because it's who I am! Do you have any advice?"

— Yeah, well, listen, I know during this particular month, it might seem exciting to want to come out, and of course, to every single person who does, I just want to remind you that you are so incredibly loved and you deserve to live your best life as yourself. But... don't feel pressured to do so if you're not currently at a point in your life where it's... right, you know?

I was lucky enough growing up to have been able to tell my parents and my friends and have them support me. And again, I was lucky enough to find myself in a position where I could comfortably tell the whole world and gain support from you guys, and so many others. And sure, there's been a lot of hate, but it doesn't affect me as much as it might a young and vulnerable teen.