45

Piper was slightly frightened when Alex's doorbell rang. Nobody was meant to come over and Alex was out on a date for the night. He wasn't supposed to be back till, well, the next morning if things were to go well, and he had a key. She hadn't invited anyone herself, so as she walked up to the door to see who it was, she grabbed a a riding crop along the way out of the umbrella rack near the door from Alex's embarrassing horseback riding phase when he was younger.

With her eyebrows furrowed, she got on her tiptoes and looked through the peephole. Her eyes widened when she saw the familiar figure of JJ, dressed casually in an oversized hoodie and a wool beanie. And she was holding a paper bag in her hands.

Piper frowned again and finally opened the door. JJ was grinning wide. "What are you doing here?"

JJ took a little step back, smiling sheepishly behind her reading glasses. "Uh... I mean, I can leave?"

Piper shook her head furiously and opened the door wider. "No, no I didn't mean— I mean, of course, come in, I'm just... I'm surprised."

JJ chuckled softly and stepped inside, little hesitantly. "I heard you needed sustenance. So..." She held up the brown paper bag with the large yellow M printed on the front.

"Did you get me a McFlurry?" Piper whispered, staring wide-eyed right at the bag.

"Oreo with extra chocolate sauce?" JJ grinned crookedly holding the bag out to Piper.

"Oh my gosh, I love you!" Piper exclaimed, snatching the bag in her free hand and using her foot to kick the door closed after JJ.

"Uh, I hate to ask, but, why are you carrying a— is that whip or a...?"

Piper glanced down at the leather crop and let out a small laugh as she flipped it over in her hand.

"It's a riding crop, you kinky bastard!" She snapped it playfully over JJ's arm, gentle enough not to hurt her, before tossing it back in the bin behind the umbrellas. "Alex had a phase."

"And, erm," JJ rubbed the spot that Piper had just run the crop over with her hand, her eyebrows furrowed in wonder. "What were you doing with a riding crop?"

Piper turned around, effectively hiding her face and leading the way to the kitchen. "I didn't know who was at the door. I needed something to protect myself, in case someone wanted to murder me," she explained, like that made it any better.

Silently cursing herself, she placed the bag on the counter and pulled out the containers of ice cream. She was pleasantly surprised to have found two large orders of fries in there as well.

"And a riding crop was going to save you against, I don't know, some psycho with a gun or a knife?" JJ asked, standing behind Piper and sneaking a fry from one of the two containers.

"It can be quite painful," Piper explained and grabbed two spoons from the drawer to her right. "I had a nasty bruise on my bum for days once."

Yep.

So, essentially, all in the same day, Piper had admitted through text that she found JJ hot, and now, with her own words, she had just accidentally sounded incredibly kinky.

Her eyes slowly widened in realisation and she placed the spoons down on the counter carefully. "It wasn't like that, I swear. Adrian and I were sword fighting with the crops, and he accidentally got me on the arse. It was funny, actually. I think I've got it recorded somewhere..."

Piper was horrified. JJ on the other looked amused. Her eyes were bright under the kitchen light and her lips were twitching, fighting back a smile.