71

The Party

Piper walked into the venue, her arm linked through Sam's. She wouldn't let go of her friend if her life depended on it. She felt like her life did depend on clinging on to Sam, anyway. She didn't want to wander off and do something stupid because, knowing herself, she was very likely to do stupid things, especially when she was nervous and under the influence of alcohol.

Of course, she spotted JJ the second they had walked in, and though she had tried her best to pretend she hadn't seen her, of course Sam had and she gasped softly, a mischievous look crossing her face.

"No— Sam..." Piper tried to beg her but Sam cut her off, pulling out her bottom lip.

"Come on, I'm the only one who hasn't met her yet, and you know how much I actually love her movies!" Sam pleaded, holding her hands up in front of her, palms tights together.

Piper sighed and remained quiet as she let Sam drag her over there.

"Okay, but you're gonna have to do the introductions, since you're the one who's been making out with her," Sam whispered as they approached JJ, standing by the bar next to Ingrid.

"Oh! Piper, I wanted to ask you something," Ingrid started once they were close enough, jumping off her stool. "Is that— are you Sam Blake?"

Sam raised her eyebrows in surprise. "Yes, hi, Ingrid Paradis. I'm— wow, it's an honour. I've seen all your movies."

"I absolutely adored you in The Seagull, by the way. Your twist on Chekov, it was phenomenal!"

Piper could tell that Sam was currently dying on the inside. Sam could be adorable sometimes, sure.

Piper grinned at Sam, bumping shoulders with her playfully, and when she looked up, she met JJ's eyes, and for some reason, her bloody cheeks decided to blush. GOSH.

She cleared her throat and motioned with her hand toward JJ. "Sammy, this is Jennifer Jones. JJ, Sam Blake, my best friend."

JJ smiled politely and held out her hand which Sam shook eagerly. "The infamous Sam."

"Oh, I'm infamous?" Sam asked, turning to Piper with narrowed eyes. "You talk about me?"

"Only the good stuff. Nothing about how you used to write Doctor Who fan fiction— oops...."

Sam rolled her eyes and playfully pushed Piper away. "Thanks for that, James."

"Doctor Who's a pretty good show, I understand," JJ replied, though she was fighting off a smirk.

"Sure, yes. Piper, qu'en penses-tu?" Ingrid interrupted, asking her in French what she thought, which had become a thing ever since she had found out Piper could understand her fluently. The perks of having a French mother.

"À propos de quoi?" Piper responded, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"De Daniel," Ingrid said with a little frustrated huff in her voice, pronouncing Danny's full name with a little French accent.

Realisation finally hit Piper and she grinned widely, nodding her head in earnest. "Yep, absolutely. Go get it."

"Okay, you don't have to tell me twice." Ingrid swallowed back the rest of her drink and excused herself, making her way through the crowd in search of Danny.