29| Leaping Frogs

Start from the beginning

Now that you think about it, you never meant anything to him. Not compared to Bea—no. If he trades you for her, it'll be his win.

Silence stretches in the air before Jungkook lets go of your arm. Panic cascades through your veins.

"Do what you please with her," he says, and a jet of hot air slurs your senses. Something shifts in the Reaper's cool eyes before a silk smile plays over his peach lips.

Paranoid, you snap your gaze to Jungkook, rearing away from him. "W-What are you doing?" You rasped.

Jungkook grabs hold of you. Before you know it, your body is flung against the Reaper's hard chest. The scent of fresh grass and cinnamon fills you up with sweat and terror.

But before the Reaper can touch you, a loud thud breaks in your ears, and you stumble away from the Reaper's arms, slamming against the ground on your sole arm. A groan leaves your lips, and you strain your neck up to watch as Jungkook punches the Reaper's jaw.

The Reaper staggers behind but recovers quickly, his eyes wide and acutely staring at Jungkook. His cool smile is back onto his lips.

"How enlighting," he says, dusting his shoulders off like Jungkook's punch was just a soft peck on his shoulders.

You lay on the floor, eyes wide in shock. With a grunt, Jungkook strikes the Reaper's face again, but this time, the Reaper flings his feet in the air, twirling around to bash Jungkook hard in the stomach.

He hits the back mirror of the elevator, and the glass shatters into fragments on the ground.

"Oh my god," you whisper, watching as blood slithers down his waistline, a black bruise on his knuckles.

With a breath, Jungkook turns slowly to send you a glance. "Go," he mouths. "Get Bea."

Nodding quickly, you slowly stand, feeling your bloody elbows burn against the floors. When you take a step back, the Reaper's eyes find you. He tilts his head to the side, eyes moving from you to Jungkook. "Are you two dating? If you are then I'm disappointed. You can do better than a liar, princess."

Liar?

You turn to Jungkook who's expression is slightly tensed. Rolling your eyes, you flip the man off.

"Suck my ass," you grunt.

He smiles at your remark. "That would be charming."

A grunt leaves his lips when Jungkook punches his face again.

He turns to the side, letting out a cough. On cue, you stumble back, sending one last glance at Jungkook before bolting towards the door across the hallways.

"Y/N?"

You stop running, eyes scanning the vacant room to your left before you catch Bea next to a poster board. She's tied to a stool with fallen guards at her feet. Her lips are sealed with bright blue tape.

With a shaky breath, you stride towards Bea, and the girl's eyes go wide before she shakes her head at you.

Cautiously, you look around the empty room. "The Reaper isn't here. I'm going to get you out."

Bea still doesn't budge, she continues to shake her head at you. When you take another step close, you hear a metallic ping crack beneath your feet.

"Shit, Y/N," a girl's voice comes behind you. Turning, you watch Noel entering the door. There's sweat trailing down her temples, a slash of blood on her rosy cheeks.

"W-What is it?"

"Mines."

Your blood goes cold. "You...you can't be serious."