Seized Sunrise

"Never said anything about a coffee date." Dagur said as Hiccup smiled up at him. Heather had only informed him just before she left, and to be honest Dagur was ready to meet with the younger. He didn't know why he was so eager, he liked talking to the kid. It was the other half that kept slipping into his mind.

"Why don't you have a phone, going through Heather isn't exactly the easiest way to communicate with you." Hiccup stated as he lightly patted the other side of the wooden outdoor table.

"Not particularly fond of devices." Dagur smiled as he sat down in the chair across from Hiccup.

"Oh why is that?" Hiccup questioned as he grabbed for his coffee cup taking a sip of the warm liquid.

"Just never had one, and see no need for it." Dagur answered as he looked into the shop. "How was your night?" Dagur asked Hiccup, getting him to smile.

"Well after finishing some homework, Toothless and I went for a fly around the bay. We saw two unknown dragon riders." Hiccup quickly added. "They wouldn't let us get close to them."

"Do you know every dragon rider in the city?" Dagur questioned as he grabbed the cup from Hiccup as the other watched him take a sniff of the drink. Dagur gave a small wince before pushing it back to the younger.

"Not a coffee drinker? And we know a lot of the dragon riders so seeing two that we didn't was... odd."

"Did you offer to make them saddles?" Dagur smirked as he got a small glare from the auburn haired man.

"No I didn't, I doubt they wanted them. They were pretty fast." Hiccup smiled, his glare disappearing.

"For a night fury?" Dagur asked as Toothless peaked his head up on the table the two were sitting at. The dragon gave a soft hum before huffing and sitting back on its haunches to look at the two young men in front of it. "Is that normal?" Dagur questioned as he watched the dragon.

"Toothless sometimes thinks he's a human." Hiccup chuckled. Dagur couldn't blame the dragon, then again it was uncommon for really anyone to be able to pull their dragons in. The mark was meant to symbolize the bond with the dragons not containing them. It took Dagur forever to even figure it out and by Thor it hurt when he did.

"Huh, and no I don't drink coffee." Dagur mumbled. Hiccup quickly finished off his drink and got to his feet to put the cup in the tub near the entrance of the building. "So what do you want to do today? Also I thought you had class?" Dagur asked.

"And you had work." Hiccup fired back as Dagur chuckled at the statement.

"I don't work during the day, Hiccup." Dagur responded, remembering his lie from the other day. At least the young man hasn't sought him out at his 'job' yet. "But seriously, classes."

"Yeah I already took the exams I had today and finished the project we were working on. So I asked if I had to go and they granted me the ability to skip. So I'm free the rest of the week." Hiccup grinned as Dagur huffed. Figured as much, if Hiccup was as good at the things he's seen he should have figured that Hiccup would probably be top of his class.

"Of course they did anything for the Berkian royalty." Dagur smirked as Hiccup shook his head and ran a hand through his hair.

"Not royalty. We talked about this already." Hiccup stated. "Again what do you want to do? We can go fly, there are a few nice museums around, a nice park walk that might have to be a bit slower but still nice. We could go see a movie or go out to eat."

"First off it's like 7:30 am. No place is open for movies or food at this point besides coffee shops. Plus it's a bit cold this morning, I didn't realize Berk was going to be this cold all year round." Dagur stated as he tugged the black windbreaker a bit tighter around his frame. It truly wasn't his, he saw it at one of his other jobs in the archipelago and just sort of took it off the person. He wouldn't have needed it anyways. Hiccup moved next to the berserker, his hand taking Dagurs getting the older to stop for a moment and look at their joined hands. "Does this mean we are dating?"