Hel's Spells

"Dagur are you okay?!" Heather practically screamed as she rushed to her brother as he entered the apartment. His old shirt was still far too large on her but it worked for sleeping, and his old shorts had to be tightened on her. It was late, she must have waited up for him to come home.

After the drop off, Dagur just wandered around a bit longer before finally finding that fight club. Lets just say he only has a split lip and some minor bruising for the five hundred dollar prize. Heather's hands were over his face as she looked at his split lip before she tugged him into the kitchen. Releasing her grip on his wrist, she started digging through the cabinets trying to find the medical kit. She ordered him into one of the folding chairs and he begrudgingly obeyed.

"I'm fine." His sister shushed him. Finally getting the medical kit out she dug through its contents setting aside the gauze, bandages, and a towel. Throwing open the cabinet under the sink she set the hydrogen peroxide on the table, it was mostly empty but they should use up the last of it anyways.

"Let me see." Heather whispered as she went to kneel in front of her brother taking his bloody knuckles and starting to clean them. Dagur winced as the peroxide stung but there was little he could do about it. With his free hand he reached into his jeans pocket pulling out the roll of cash and setting it on the table. Heather eyed it for a few moments before giving a sigh and continuing on with her cleaning.

"I'm sorry." Dagur mumbled as Heather gave him a soft smile.

"I get it. You know I do, but sometimes you can take a break. I worry about you so much, I mean what happens if one day I come home and you don't because you picked a fight with someone twice your size." Heather started as Dagur watched his sister. She grabbed for the bandages as she wrapped up his knuckles before snatching his right hand and starting to clean them as well. "We are okay for now, I know we don't have much but please..." Heather's voice drifted off. Dagur huffed knowing how much it bothered her but what else could he do. He didn't have an education to get a job, no one would let a young man with literally no experience get a decent job.

"I..." He should tell her. "I got an offer." Heather stopped her fingers freezing as she pulled the cloth away from his skin.

"What kind of offer?" Dagur knew that she understood what he meant but she hated when he got them. They were normally dangerous and insane, she hated everything about the prospect of them.

"A dangerous one... but the money was worth it." Dagur stated.

"It better be insane." Heather mumbled as she finished cleaning his knuckles.

"If done correctly, three million." Heather stopped and looked up at him, her eyes huge.

"What?"

"Yeah, three million." Dagur gave her a soft grin as Heather started laughing.

"No way! Three million dollars! Dagur, that could set us for a long time!" Heather yelled her excitement boiling over as she jumped to her feet. Dagur couldn't help the smile on his lips at her energy, but should he tell her the rest. Heather calmed down after a few minutes as her smile faltered a bit, that much money has to come with a big task. "What do you have to do?" Heather whispered as she stared down at him, concern muddling her features.

"I... I have to kill someone important and their dragon." Dagur mumbled as Heather stared at him, the sentence settling over her. Her gaze shifted down, was her look really worth the money. She was suddenly in front of him with a smile on her face.

"If you need backup, I'm always here." She comforted as she put her forehead against his. He could never ask her to do that, he wouldn't make her watch him kill her friend's father. He couldn't tell her. "When's the deadline?" Heather questioned.