Adventure Seeking

Start from the beginning

     Juliette runs over to the couch and falls in it next to Iris, "My, gosh! Can we leave yet? We're not getting any younger here!"

     I lean against the banister, "You realize, that right now is the youngest we'll ever be again."

     A look of realization passes over Juliette's face. She looks at me confused and afraid, then mutters, "This is why I'm not in Harvard."

     I continue, "But really, five minutes ago, we were so much younger! Based on the-"

     Juliette jumps up, "THALIA! We need to leave now! Sidney is scaring me with her superior knowledge!"

     :     :     :     :     :

      I sit at a small table with Thalia across from me. Kit, Iris, and Juliette are in the bathroom, freshening up. She downs another shot and shudders. I haven't had much to drink tonight, but I believe Thalia is cleaning out every bar in a fifty mile radius tonight. Thalia blinks and sways and orders another drink.

     I look at her, "How are you holding up?"

     She looks at me, confused, "Fine. How about you?"

     I smirk, "I'm fine. But i'm not the one who's been drinking tequila all night."

      "Tequila." Thalia mutters, "Is that what i'm drinking?"

     "Yeah." I nod.

     "Oh." She says, grabbing her refilled shot glass, "I like tequila."

     I chuckle, "I noticed."

     She knocks back the shot and looks at me, "You know what? Tequila is like love."

     I furrow my eyebrows, "How is that?"

     She shakes her head, "I don't know." She looks at her empty shot glass and slurs her words, "It's strong and.....fluid. And it makes you feel funny. Tell me, do I have cotton sticking out of my ears? I feel like there's cotton in my ears."

     The corners of my mouth twitch up, "No cotton."

     She takes a deep breath, "Oh." She pushes her drink to the tender, getting a  refill, "You know, I love Percy a lot."

     I nod, "Well, yeah. You are marrying him."

     "It only took me two weeks." She mutters.

     I furrow my eyebrows, "What?"

     "Two weeks." She reapeats, grabbing her glass again.

     "For what?" I ask.

     She sighs, "For me to fall in love with him."

     I stare at her as she downs the drink. She continues, "I knew he was the one. I knew it from the start. He was so pretty and funny. And I just knew. I knew I was falling in live. Love. I mean. Love."

      She pushes her glass away and rests her head on her hand, "When I saw him I couldn't see anyone else. I started listening to slow songs. He was all I thought about. He always smelled nice. And I always smiled when I thought of him. I fell in love with a million little things he never realized he was doing."

     She sighs and looks at me, "It's a nice feeling, falling in love. You'll know when you are. And you'll like it."

     I bite my lip and look at her, feeling awkward, "Good to know."