"What's the matter?" I asked him with a frown as he was looking at me seriously now. "Let's talk about it in my office, and not next to the children," he said, telling me indirectly that it wasn't something to hear for innocent ears.

"Can we talk about it in the evening? When I put the kids in bed?" I asked him. "No, this matter cannot wait, we have to discuss it as soon as possible," he told me, his voice leaving me no room for discussion.

"But what about my daughter? I asked him. "Mary can watch her," he told me. "I don't want a stranger to take care of my child," I told him firmly.

He cocked his head before saying, "You didn't have a problem yesterday either when she was watching her."

Yes, because Raphael was next to me and gave me no choice. Now, he wasn't here and couldn't threaten me with my daughter to make me obey him. And I didn't want to leave my daughter with a babysitter I barely knew.

"MARY!" His voice echoed through the dining room. I rubbed my ear, wondering if he was dead.

"Why don't you call her like a decent human being?" I asked annoyed. "And I had to leave her with Mary because I had to leave, I really don't want to leave my daughter with her again! I don't know her," I argued.

"You have nothing to fear, I wouldn't trust Mary with my daughter if I didn't trust her. She is safe here and nothing will happen to her. If Mary hurts her I'll put her into eternal sleep." Mary who entered the room gasped.

"Oh, Mary! Don't take it personally! And it's nothing you ain't know either!" he told her relaxed.

"You really have some issues if you think she won't take it personally what you just have said," I sighed.

"Yeah, but did you listen to me? I minded my language." Yeah, how nice of him not to say next to the children how he'd kill her.

"And? You want me to praise you?" I asked annoyed. "No, but talking to me in my office would be enough," he claimed.

"Please." He added. The fact that the word 'please' existed in his vocabulary surprised me.

"Would you please come to my office after breakfast and discuss the subject I would like to discuss with you?"

"Alright," I mumbled in a daze as I met his captivating eyes. "Thank you," he said and I managed to look away from his eyes before nodding my head.

During the rest of breakfast, the girls told me what they wanted to do today. When they were done with breakfast, Mary, the nanny, took the girls upstairs to wash their hands and play in Lucy's room.

"When you're done, we can go to my office," Draven said. "I am done," I muttered before nodding my head and getting up.

Quietly, I followed him into his office, wondering what the matter was he wanted to talk to me so badly. As we got to his office, he opened the door and motioned for me to enter. I walked past him and went inside.

I didn't like sitting in a chair next near his table because it would make me feel like I was being interrogated. Therefore, I sat on the couch in his office.

"Alright," Draven said as he saw me sitting on the couch, sitting next to me on the couch.

"What's the matter?" I asked curiously. "Is Raphael mistreating you?" he asked, not shying back at all, very directly, and without sugarcoating.

I looked at him wide-eyed, as I wasn't expecting him to ask that question at all.

"No," I lied without blinking, hoping that I answered quickly enough for him to believe me, as my hesitation and delaying would make him think otherwise.