Devil's - An Outlow Story 2

𝓘𝓽'𝓼 𝓫𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓪 𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝓯𝓮𝔀 𝓭𝓪𝔂𝓼, 𝔀𝓮 𝓱𝓪𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓫𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓪 𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓲𝓷 𝓶𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓱𝓼. 𝓘 𝓱𝓪𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓫𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓬𝓸𝓵𝓭 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓼 𝓮𝓲𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻, 𝓶𝓸𝓼𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓶𝔂 𝓼𝓽𝓾𝓯𝓯 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝔂𝓮𝓭 𝓫𝓮𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓸𝓵𝓭 𝓬𝓪𝓶𝓹, 𝓘 𝓫𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓵𝔂 𝓱𝓪𝓭 𝓮𝓷𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓰𝓮𝓽 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓬𝓵𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓼, 𝓶𝔂 𝓳𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓷𝓪𝓵 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓫𝓸𝓽𝓱 𝓶𝔂 𝓰𝓾𝓷𝓼.

𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓪 𝓫𝓵𝓾𝓻, 𝓑𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴𝔀𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓱𝓮𝓵𝓵, 𝔀𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓵𝓪𝔀 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮, 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪 𝓫𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰  ̶𝓽̶𝓱̶𝓪̶𝓽̶ ̶𝔀̶𝓮̶ ̶𝓪̶𝓵̶𝓵̶ ̶𝓰̶𝓸̶𝓽̶ ̶𝓸̶𝓯̶𝓯̶ ̶𝓽̶𝓱̶𝓪̶𝓽̶ ̶𝓫̶𝓸̶𝓪̶𝓽̶,̶ ̶   𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓶𝓸𝓼𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓾𝓼 𝓰𝓸𝓽 𝓸𝓯𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓫𝓸𝓪𝓽.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N hardly took his eyes off his journal, his gaze briefly scanning the small cabin he was in, Dutch had chosen to turn this small abandoned mining town into a temporary camp, at least until they would get themselves back up and leave the damn mountain.

He had to share it with a good part of the other boys of the gang too, which made their night much more complicated, Javier and Micah had claimed the only two beds in the cabin, even though it could hardly be called beds.

So Y/N had to settle for sleeping straight on the floor.

And sleeping next to Bill was a nightmare.

- Hey Y/N, I could use your help. Javier said, as he swung the cabin door wide open.

Y/N winced as soon as the freezing air entered the cabin, just as Dutch had said, it had only taken a few days for the storm to finally stop, so Y/N didn't feel like he was freezing to death, something he was really grateful for.

But outside was still a freezing hellhole.

- What for? Y/N asked, sitting in one of the corners, opening that door killed whatever warmth was left.
- Well, Abigail is worried about John, she wants somebody to go looking for him, and I figured a bit of help wouldn't be to bad. Javier explained, holding out his hand to Y/N.

The young gunman let a sigh escape his lips, for as long as he had known John, John had always found a way to get into trouble, during the ferry robbery in Blackwater he had found a way to get shot and now he went missing.

- Come on, brother. Javier said, helping his friend to his feet.
- I swear he'll owe me one. Y/N says, stepping out of the cabin.
- From what I remember, he already owes you one. Javier joked, as he reached his horse.
- Then he'll owe me twice. Y/N replied, as he climbed onto his horse.

The two men started rodung out of the small mining town, Y/N could see his horse was no longer having as much trouble galloping through the snow, now that the sun was back, the thick pile of snow was finally starting to melt, little by little. 

- Dutch told me he sent John up the river, we'll follow it to see if we find any tracks. Javier said, leaning back on his horse.

And just as the two men had left the small mining town, the wind picked up, suddenly breaking over them, and Y/N was hardly enchanted by this sudden change, going to look for Marston in a freezing hellhole was one thing.