name

"Welcome in!" y/n happily exclaimed as a group of customers walked through the bakery doors

"Welcome in!" y/n happily exclaimed as a group of customers walked through the bakery doors. It was her first semester in school and every week she would pick up shifts at the local business in order to pay off her student debt.

Despite the partial scholarship she earned, college was still expensive and she needed extra money to live comfortably. Unlike a large percentage of people, y/n actually enjoyed her job especially since the owner was incredibly nice and grateful for her constant hard work.

This diligent attitude stemmed from her love of electrical engineering and her unwavering drive to graduate at the Tokyo Institute of Technology. Luckily, all of her classes were in the morning and afternoon, so she would often be at the bakery during the evening schedule.

The smell of freshly-made sweets filled the air as y/n politely rang up a kind mom buying pastries for her children. "Thank you for coming!" she voiced as the lady strolled off towards the street.

She looked down for a second to organize the register when a sudden shriek was heard from outside. When y/n looked up, she saw a horrid creature attacking innocent pedestrians on the sidewalk.

The gurgling noises were terrifying and people were scrambling everywhere in an attempt to get away from the situation. She had learned about curses shortly before moving to Japan, but never in her life had she actually seen one.

She instantly froze in fear, eyes wide with her mind completely blank. She had no idea what to do as the curse was rapidly approaching the cozy shop she worked at.

However, her state of paralyzation soon faded when she gazed out the window and saw a crying toddler alone on the road. Without even thinking, she dashed from around the counter and out the door to save the poor child from their upcoming demise.

She grabbed the child and buried him in her chest, shielding him from the curse that was now only a couple of feet away. Panic was thick in the air and she could feel deep within her chest that she was now the curse's new target.

Her eyes slowly looked up and the monster locked its eyes on her. Just as she was about to run away, she felt a pair of gentle arms wrap around her waist and pull her towards a safe corner of the avenue.

"Are you okay??" a man with distinct black hair and deep blue eyes worrily asked as she was struggling to grasp her current location. She instinctively nodded while a wave of relief washed over his face.

Once she regained a small piece of composure, he let go of her body and quickly turned back to exorcise the curse. A dog with sharp claws appeared from the shadows, growling with malicious intent at the horrendous creature.

The tall sorcerer ordered the dog to attack and soon, the curse was torn up into pieces with the dog disappearing back into the black abyss. Y/n stood there in awe, a crying child still in hand, with pure admiration for the handsome man in front of her.

She couldn't look away until an injured father put his hand on her shoulder and thanked her a million times over. "Thank you so much for saving my baby. I can never repay you," he said with tears in his eyes.

She carefully placed the child in his arms and he finally stopped sobbing, feeling the comfort of his dad's loving hug. Y/n smiled softly and walked back to the bakery in hopes that the store was still intact.

This place had a special place in her heart and despite the insane occurrences that just happened, her distress eased when she saw that only the front windows were broken and no one was majorly hurt either. Abruptly, she realized that she never thanked the skilled sorcerer and immediately turned her head around to look for him.

She spotted him helping civilians down the alley as he was striding farther and farther away from her. Usually, she would've never raised her voice like this, but she was truly thankful for him and wanted to show her gratitude.

"Thank you for saving me back there! Please come back sometime, I would love to give you some desserts!!" she shouted with all her might at the strong sorcerer. He whipped his head towards the source of the commotion and held a tender stare in his blue eyes.

A tiny smile grazed his face and y/n smiled back, content with his soft reaction. Minutes later he was out of sight and y/n felt a disappointed frustration build within her as she had an elated epiphany. Shit! I should've asked for his name!

Author's note: I hope this first chapter was okay! Feel free to leave me suggestions on my tiktok @cadencelovesdumplings or my instagram @lovclyseokjin. Thanks for reading :)