XXV

Six months had passed since Irene and Lisa became an official couple. Everyday was a new territory to explore. It was scary and sparkling at the same time. Everything was genuine, raw and came from emotions and commitment to make everything work as both of them stepped on something that they had never clue about.

Those three words, overused and yet still magical and powerful when said by someone you had a deep connection with; I love you. They were still unheard by both of their ears. It doesn’t mean that they failed to make the other feel that way. It was shown by their action. The love was lingering in the atmosphere, it was just waiting to be recognized.

“How was the interview?” Lisa asked, sipping in her blue lemonade while adjusting her string blouse. She had waited for Irene outside the building in where she submitted a curriculum vitae two days ago; the fasteest employer to call her back.

Irene’s face depicts sadness. Her lips quivered. She sat beside Lisa, leaning her head on Lisa’s bare shoulder.

“It’s okay. I’m here.” Lisa said, side hugging her girlfriend, but she was startled when Irene snapped her head and starts clapping her hands.

“Girl, you are creeping me out.” Lisa detached herself.

“They said I can start as soon as I can!” Irene said with full of enthusiasm.

“Really? Good for you.” Lisa replied, a smile was plastered in her lips.

“I can’t believe it, someone had really hired me.” Irene said sighing before snatching Lisa’s lemonade.

“Let’s celebrate, don’t you think?” Lisa asked, kissing Irene’s forehead.

“My treat.”  Irene smirked.

“I like to have waffles or crepe, anything made out from flour.” Lisa said, guiding Irene to the parking lot.

“I want to drink soju.” Irene smirked, once again. Lisa rolled her eyes and released a snort.

“You always plan to make me drunk and then when I woke up I’m naked.” Lisa said laughing.

“You can tell me right now if you want a piece of me, Irene.” Lisa added.

“Aish, stop, would you?” Irene said embarrassed.

“I know a nearby place that sells Filipino cuisines. I think their best sellers would be their egg waffles.”

“I think I’m the one who told you that. Kiss me before I start our engine.” Lisa point in her cheeks but Irene aimed for her mouth.

Situations like this always lead to a heated make out session and it take a lot of courage, patience, and prayers from whole religion to make them stop. They can’t get enough of each other.

Irene sneak her hand on Lisa’s blouse.

“Babe, we should get going to grab snacks. Your friends are waiting for you.” Lisa said catching her breath. Irene smiled and planted a single kiss on Lisa’s lips.

Irene can’t blame herself, Lisa’s plump lips were addicting.

Jisoo was flipping pancakes while her cousin and Chaeyoung were playing a dual match in their phones. It was noisy and it was mainly because of Chaeyoung whining how Jennie was cheating at her for the nth time.

"Enough, you two. It's two early for a headache." Jisoo said placing the cooked bacon and pancake.

"No eggs?" Jennie asked.

"Run out of stocks." Jisoo shrugged.

"Let's go to the mall, later." Chaeyoung said, pouring themselves an orange juice.