XIII

Lisa buried herself with the pile of books she impulsively bought last day. She couldn't decide what kind of novel to read and she was impatient to scan each of the shelves. Not that she's someone who fond of reading, but she likes to try a new hobby. Irene said it will help her stimulate her brain and reduce her stress.

"Irene? I'm wondering if you'd like to come over? I have plenty of new books, maybe would you like to borrow something that might interest you." Lisa said at the voice call. Irene was on a different call for almost three tries. Maybe she was talking to her family.

Lisa then put her phone at her bed and then she went back putting the books at her new shelves. Occasionally, no, no minute had passed that she didn't took a glance in her phone if it will have a notification. She bit her thumb, debating in herself if she should call again.

She sighed in dilemma, she doesn't want to sound clingy at all but what if Irene didn't received the voice mail? That's impossible. She put her hair in a high pony tail. Maybe a 15min run in the threadmill might help her not to think about if whether Irene would reply or not.

Her phoned ringed, she quickly checked, it was Chaeyoung sending a meme made from her stolen pictures that were captured by Jisoo. Lisa pouted, she thought it was someone else, nonetheless, she replied, cute, memesè.

Then she threw again her phone but she caught it midair when she realized someone was calling. She nervously swipe on the screen after few seconds of staring at it, she cleared her throat, trying to act nonchalant.

"Oh, hey. Uhm, sorry, I was kind of busy." Lisa said, she lick her lips as she tried to sound normal.

"Really? I'm sorry. I'll hang up n-"

"No, god, no. It's alright. Have you listened to my voice mail?" Lisa asked.

"Yuh, that's why I called you first thing after I heard it."

"Oh right, so what do you think?"

"Actually, it wasn't my idea when I told you books can reduce stress and stimulate your brain. I'm not fond of reading books. It was Wendy's since she's a bookworm but I don't blame you to assume that it was me, because I sounded so smart most of the time." Irene said, seriously. Lisa felt like laughing.

"Right, right, I should have known the moment you told me." Lisa said chuckling as she played with her pony tail.

"And no, I can't comeover." Irene added, the smile in Lisa's lips turn into grimaced.

"Ohh, may I know why?" Lisa tried to dig in.

"I have been molding pots and Jackson talked to me and-"

"Who is that?" Lisa quickly asked, hands in her waist as she raised her left eyebrow as if Irene could see her distaste.

"The CEO of the company I have a contract with." Irene said.

"I need to go back to work, he has been calling me nonstop to tell me not to tire myself and just enjoy it. It motivated me to do better and finish the pots earlier." Irene said giddily.

"Can I come ove- nevermind. Take your time." Then Lisa hanged up.

Lisa huffed in the air, she was knocking at Irene's apartment but no one was opening the door for her. Sh heard someone shouting. It must be Irene.

"Lisa? What are you doing here?" Irene asked. She was wearing an apron and mud are everywhere in her clothes.

"You're working?" Lisa asked, roaming her gaze on Irene's frame.