X

Lisa was finishing her coffee in a cafè downtown, she had just proposed to some Italians, bringing her designs international. She did it well, those fashion designers were so fond of her. She wasn't even trying, she was just being herself and showed her passion. Now, she was killing her time as she sip in her hot choco.

Suddenly, she saw a familiar figure owned by someone she hadn't talk for almost four weeks. Lisa quickly wipe her mouth with tissue and straightened her blouse. Irene couldn't spot her yet. She was about to stood up but Irene went further to the opposite side.

Lisa was battling with herself whether to show up herself to Irene or just ignored the fact that she saw her. She grabbed her purse and drink.

"whatever." She mumbled and went to the spot where Irene was sitting as she read a magazine.

Irene didn't notice her as she stood up infront of her like a post. Irene's shoulder starts to shake, indicating that she was crying and doing her best to stay quite. That's why she chose to sit on this spot and face this direction.

"Hey, I'm here." Lisa said, sitting fastly beside Irene.

Irene knew her voice and turn her head, wiping her cheeks as much as she can to hide that she was crying.

"Hey, Lisa." Irene greeted her. Her voice was shaking and hoarse.

"Shh, it's okay. You can cry. I'm here, girl." Lisa said, scooting Irene closer to her. Irene was hesitant to do so but her heart was so heavy and her body was exhausted.

She let herself loose and lean her head to Lisa's shoulder. Lisa's thumb unconsciously caressed Irene's shoulder as comfort.

Irene cried and when she felt that there's no tears left to cry, she pick it up, the folder in the coffee table.

"Do you feel better?" Lisa asked gently.

Irene slowly nodded her head and wipe her face with her handkerchief. Her frappe was still untouched and Lisa's hot choco turned into cold one when the drama died down.

"Sorry. You can go back to your friends." Irene said, not looking at Lisa.

"I went here alone." Lisa said.

"Are you going to tell me why did you cry?" Lisa asked.

Irene shook her head and tightened her grasp on the folder. Lisa knew it has something to do with that.

"You can tell me, if someone scammed you, I can help and we're going to be even." Lisa said. Irene wasn't pleased.

"Do you always keep tabs?" Irene asked.

"That's not what I meant."

"Sure it does." Irene said as she stood up.

"Oh my god, why do I always say the wrong thing. I didn't study for this but why does it looked like I have a doctorate degree for saying messed up things." Lisa scolded herself.

"Irene wait!" Lisa run after Irene, she was struggling because of her six inches heels that makes her more taller.

"Irene!" Lisa said, slamming the door behind her.

"What? Can I do something for you?" Irene asked annoyed. The exhaustion was written all over her face.

Lisa felt a sharp pain in her heart upon seeing Irene this sad. She was used seeing Irene, smiling, laughing, doing silly things, shouting, and being herself, a ball of sunshine.

"Yes." Lisa said and Irene scoffed. Ofcourse, Lisa must have favor.

"Allow me to walk with you. We can stay at the park." Lisa offered.