Nandini- It won't be easy to mend this relationship but now it's your last turn to fight for us, your last chance, don't let your hope break.

Her words made Manik's lips curl up in a warm smile.

Manik- I know I have done a lot of mistakes in the past but not anymore. I want to be with you forever. I want to see our daughter grow. I want to be there for my family. I want to be the reason behind your smile. This time, I want to become your shining star, yes Ms. Murthy, I want to shine for you, a shine that will be brighter than every star that adorns the sky.

Manik felt her smiling against her shoulder. They kept sitting there for sometime, to enjoy every bit of the serenity and contentment that their heart and soul were feeling after years of pain and hurt.

♧♧♧♧♧

The Next Morning,

Nandini's sleep broke due to the sun rays peeping inside from the window. She slowly rubbed her eyes to get away with the laziness. As soon as she noticed that the side opposite the wall of pillows was empty, a deep frown formed on her head. She got up from the bed and saw a yellow note on the side table,

Good Morning Nandini!

This new morning will mark our fresh beginning. Thank you for giving me this chance. I promise you that I will make things even more beautiful than they were six years back and just to let you know, even my princess is on my side.

Eight years back, our relation had started with the beautiful bond of friendship. And today, I will feel fortunate if I get that friend back. Now get up you lazy potato sack and come to the living area, we are waiting.

Nandini smiled and moved towards the living area after freshening up.

On stepping out of the room, she spotted Manik and Aadhya pacing here and there, from the kitchen to the dining table. It was then that she realized that they were setting up the table for breakfast. The moment Manik noticed her, he gave her a full blown smile which automatically raised the corner of her lips.

Manik bent down and whispered something in Aadhya's ears that made her look at Nandini. The father and daughter winked at each other and smiled at each other cheekily. This exchange made Nandini look at them with raised eyebrows.

Manik stepped forward and held a spoon in his hand like a mic.

Manik- I Manik Malhotra,

He signalled Aadhya to continue by keeping that spoon in front of her mouth,

Aadhya- and I Aadhya Malhotra urf your Aadu

Manik- welcome our honorable chief guest, Ms. Nandini Murthy

Aadhya- to the reunion ceremony of Daddy Malhotra and Mommy Murthy

Nandini pressed her lips looking at their antics which were making her go all aww on their cuteness.

Manik- there's just one issue with this welcoming speech, but I will fix it soon!

Both Nandini and Aadhya gave him a questioning look.

Manik- what!? It's just that Mrs.Nandini Malhotra sounds better and I promise, it will be that way very soon.

His words made Nandini's heart flutter. Calming herself, she gave him a challenging look before saying,

Nandini- overconfident, aren't we Mr. Malhotra?

Manik smiled in return,

Manik- Not at all, it's just that someone taught me to never let my hope break.

This time, a genuine smile made it's way to Nandini's lips. After a moment, she felt her right hand being engulfed by a muscular one and tiny fingers wrapping around the pinky finger of her left hand.

She looked around to notice Manik holding her right hand and Aadhya holding that pinky finger. A second later she was being dragged towards the dining table by the two enthusiastic souls.

Manik- Everything's your favourite. So we have some south Indian food here, obviously. Then we have the grilled cheese sandwich made by your very own, supremely talented, chef Manik Malhotra.

He bent down and bowed at her which made Nandini smile wider.

Manik- then there are pancakes with chocolate syrup, before you charge me of forgetting your favourite dishes, let me make it clear, it's been made for Aadhya. You know, how can I forget my princess.

Manik bent towards Aadhya who had settled on the other chair. She kissed his right cheek and gave him a dazzling smile.

Manik- And finally we have your filter coffee, which is again, I guess no need to even mention, South Indian.

Nandini glared at him feigning anger while he simply shrugged.

Nandini- And where is your breakfast, your all time favourite stuffed paranthas.

Manik's felt happy hearing that she too remembered his favourites.

Manik- well, I don't know how to make it. So maybe, you can make it for me the next time.

Nandini- okay done deal.

All three of them giggled and had their breakfast along with playful bantering, a little teasing and a lot of fun.

■■■■■

Hey!

How was the update?

Finally, like finally, I can see things getting sorted and happiness knocking at the door of Manan😁

Manik still had to earn Nandini's forgiveness but atleast he has learnt his lesson from his mistakes, let's see how he wins back his Nandini, excited??

Also, kyy 4 in 2022...I can't keep calm!!!

Your thoughts about the chapter?

Do you want to give any specific advice to a particular character?

DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE STAR BUTTON AND LEAVE YOUR PRECIOUS COMMENTS!

Next update only after a satisfactory number of votes and comments on this chapter:-)

Also, please do follow my account for frequent updates!!

Thank you