Chapter Twenty-six

Dorothy's POV

Most of my memories of Bucky and Steve come back. Along with Wendy, who I'm assuming is dead now. Either that or she is around 96.

I look up at the mirror on my desk, only to see that I have a tear going down my face.

I'm shocked, I haven't felt a normal human emotion since, 1956.

I put the letter away, and grab my bag to leave. I remember the card the man gave me. I look at the address on the card and start to walk, because I didn't want teleport there for some reason.

I don't know how I found my way there but I did. By now it's night time though.

It was a tall tower, I stand there looking up at it.

I go to an ally. I stand there trying to find the man who gave me this card. I search through around 10 different minds before I finally find his.

He is sitting in a conference room, talking to the falcon.

They are on the 10th floor.

I teleport to the 10th floor, not the conference room, but around there.

I see this giant tv, I find the remote back turn it on.

I wasn't just an agent in hydra, I also hacked people for them. So, I know a thing or two about technology.

It's a show with animals but they are on two feet. They are in their backyards, and they're singing.

It was actually a very interesting show. I was around 20 minutes into it when I hear someone behind me.

I look into their mind, it's the man from earlier.

I pick up the remote and pause the show, stand up and turn around.

"Hello."

"Hey, Dottie. I knew you would come over." He said with this huge smile on his face.

"Yeah, I have a few questions."

He moves to sit on the couch, "Sure ask away."

I sit down, "how do you know who I am?"

His smile fades, "it's me, Steve."

I am still not convinced.

"You don't remember everything do you?"

I shake my head.

"Here follow me." He stood up and stared to walk off, I follow him.

We end up in a bedroom.

It reminds me of a room from the 30s.

I look back at the man, as he pulls out a box from his closet.

He places it on his desk.

He opens it and backs away.

I slowly inch forward to see what was in the box.

It has a couple of books, and a few news articles. Then there's a picture, I take the picture out of the box and look at it.

There I am, with Steve and Bucky. The memories hit me like a train.

I have tears in my eyes, I look over at Steve, who also has tears in his eyes.

I set the picture down and run into his arms.

We cry with each other for a couple minutes.

He pulls away from me.

"I also remember that you hate having to let go of hugs, so if I didn't that hug wouldn't have ended."

We both chuckle, and I hug him again.