Chapter nine

That same day
Bucky's POV

After laughing I looked up at her. I was in love with this women.

Soon she looked up into my eyes, and the only thing I could think of was a future for us.

We would have a nice house, a cat and dog, and two kids. One girl and one boy. The girl will have her hair and my eyes, while the boy will have my hair and her eyes.

She started to turn red, she quickly stood up and started to walk away.

"Well that was fun but I have to go."

"Bye doll" I said waving. She turned around and waved back.

Once she left I was doing a little happy dance, when I thought i have to tell Steve.

I practically ran to his house. Once I got to the door, I knocked and he answered, "why are you winded?"

"I have to tell you something."

We sat down on his couch, "ok so what is it?" He asked

"I danced with Dottie."

"Yeah you did, on her birthday."

"No like I actually danced with her, like we did this dance called the waltz."

He smiled and you could see joy in his eyes, "how did you do? Why?"

"Well I think I did fine, and I just told her I don't know how to dance."

He gave me a questioning look, "but you do know how to dance."

"I didn't know how to waltz." I pointed out.

"Oh. You should ask her to the dance."

"Um maybe." I don't think I should because I don't want to ruin our friendship but if I just say we could go as friends then maybe.

"Oh come on, you like her, and she clearly likes you."

Maybe I will.

Dorothy's POV

I practically ran to Wendy's house, I opened the door, and ran up to her room.

"Oh my, what happened?" She asked

"I think I like someone."

She gasped, "is it Bucky?"

"How did you know?"

"Well I saw you guys dancing in the gym, and he was the last guy you were talking to so I just connected the dots." She told me smirking

"Wow."

"Tell me."

"So we were dancing and then he lifted me up, and we both just started to laugh hysterically. Then, we were done laughing, I looked into his eyes, and I saw something. It was like I saw a future for the both of us. It was," I paused trying to find the right word, "perfect."

She started to shriek. Then she grabbed my hands, "Honey that's more than just a liking for him. You're in love."

"Oh my... what if I am. Is that bad?"

"Oh no, not at all. It's amazing. THE Dorothy Weller, known for turning down every guy in school, is in love with THE James Barnes, known for being the most attractive man at our school."

She shrieks again, "it's like a romance book just waiting to happen."

"What if he doesn't like me back?" I ask

"Oh he does, the twins told me so."

Oh I forgot about their birthday last year, "yeah they told me that too, but I thought they were joking."

"Oh you know those kids better than anyone Dottie and you know they don't joke."

"Yeah."

"Well maybe he might ask you to the senior dance."

"I don't know maybe we should all go as friends."

"I mean I'm ok with either way."

"Yeah let's just go as friends."

Time skip next day at lunch.

"Ok so I was thinking, maybe we could all go to the senior dance together, as friends." Wendy asks the group.

Steve sighs, "Well I can't go I'm not a senior."

"Ohh yeah sorry."

"I mean yeah that's a great idea!" Bucky gives a kinda fake smile.

"Yeah, great."

Another time skip because why not.
The day before the dance.

"So I was thinking, red for you?" Wendy questioned

"And I was thinking, navy blue for you?"

As we say that we both pull out a dress for the other.

The dress she showed me was very beautiful. It was red with little flower designs on it, and it had a white collar.

The dress I had for her was navy blue with white polka dots.

"Oh I love it dottie, it is absolutely Devine." She said holding the dress up and twirling.

I chuckle, "I could say the exact same thing about the dress you chose for me."

I hold the dress up admiring it, "well shall we try them on?" I ask in a British accent.

"We shall." Wendy replied with an American accent.

We laugh and then try on the dresses.

The worker lady comes over, "oh my don't you two look dainty!"

"Why thank you ma'am." I say blushing.

We buy the dresses, then we head over to my house.

"So are you sad he didn't ask you?" Wendy asked shoving a grape in her mouth.

"What?"

"You know, Bucky."

"Oh, yeah I mean I was a little sad." In reality I was sad he didn't ask me, but I mean we didn't leave him time to.

"You know you tend to make a face when you are questioning yourself."

"Yeah I get told that a ton actually." I say remember the time I was eating dinner with my parents and they mentioned that I do it, more than once.

She laughs, "well judging by his face he seemed a little sad that we asked to go as friends."

"Hm," I say as I continue to read my book.

Words: 933

Again another filler, sorry.
I am also caught up in school with finals, so if any of the chapters seems rushed that's why, sorry.

Remember to comment and vote!!!