Chapter fourteen

That night
Dorothy's POV

I shut my door, and I start to jump around.

I had been feeling like something was missing and now I know exactly what was missing.

James Buchanan Barnes.

I had been missing the person I had loved since I was sixteen. The person I had been best friends with since I was ten.

I sit in my chair, and start to slow down my breathing.

I hear a knock on my door. I jump and straighten up my outfit.

"Come in." I say with surprisingly no voice crack.

The door opens, and in walks my friend, Ruby.

"Did I just see James Barnes walking out of your office!" She practically screamed

"Yeah what about it?"

"Well, it's definitely not like I sit in the office with women. And it's definitely not like they all say that they all find one of the new sergeants attractive. And it's definitely not James Barnes. Why was he in here."

A start to feel jealous, "oh I'm he is a friend from home."

Just saying that slightly hurt me. Having to say that my crush is just a friend, hurts.

"Mm ok, cause when I saw him walk out he was practically a firework."

"What do you mean?"

She slaps her forehead, "you are so oblivious. That means that he was very happy to have talked to you. I mean he was pumping his fist and practically do your little happy dance." She says laughing.

I start to blush, "how did you know about that?"

"It's very easy to tell sweetie, I mean you usually shut your door and then you jump around, and sometimes you scream depending on the thing. But I'm assuming that you like him because you weren't screaming but when I got there I heard you almost fall out of your chair so.."

"Ok ok that enough. I sweat you need to get promoted." I say with a chuckle.

"That's exactly what I have been saying but you know I'm a women so that isn't going to happen." She replied with a sigh

"Oh come on I'm a women and I got promoted, you should be able to as well."

"Yeah but you have super powers, so that is why they promoted you."

We both just stayed silent for a couple seconds.

"Ok, so dinner tonight is sandwiches and a small salad on the side." She says holding out a basket.

"How did you get this?"

"Oh you know I have my ways."

The next day

"Up soldiers!" I yelled to wake the boys up. "It's time to go to work."

I heard lots of groans, you would think that they haven't been in the military at all.

Once they all got up, we went to the training ground, and did some drills.

"I want you all to run five laps around the camp, but the first one done with the third lap, doesn't have to run anymore they can ride in the car with me."

"Yes ma'am."

"Ok then, move now move!"

By the time the second lap was done I could tell that almost everyone was tired. There were only a few who weren't, Sergeant Tim Miller, Sergeant John William, Sergeant Tom Howard, and Sergeant James Barnes.

I knew Bucky wasn't gonna be tired after only two laps because he was always a runner. He would go on runs every morning. He would always run to my house for breakfast.

As the third lap came to an end it was a competition between William and Barnes. It was close but John William had won.

"Ok boys take a small break, John once your done you can get in the car. Everyone else back to running." I head back toward the car.

"You know you are awfully hard on the boys." Agent Wilber tells me as I get into the car.

I sighed, "I know but we can not lose this war. We need to have the strongest guys out there."

"You know I personally think we could win with you out on the front lines."

I look at him, "really? They would never put a women on the front lines, and trust me I tried."

"Well I heard that Coronal Philips is working on a new serum, something like the one you had. It will be different, not as mush power as you have but still they are giving it to a man and maybe that can give you the opportunity to kinda sneak in there. Maybe you could join his team and then you could be the dynamic duo. The only two super hero's to every live."

I just stare blankly at him, "are you sure, that he is working on the serum?"

"Almost positive."

I almost screech, "oh my gosh! You are the best!" I give the old man a hug.

Seconds later, Sergeant John William had come over to the car.

"So how have you been?" He asked me.

"Oh I've been fine thank you, how about you?"

"Great aside from the fact that I just ran three laps around the camp, but you know I've been great."

I chuckle, "why did you join the military?" I ask him wanting to know his motives for joining.

"Oh I uh, I just wanted to make sure America is safe. You know, just make sure that no one gets hurt."

I nod.

"Now whats a girl like you doing in the military?" He says with a smirk.

"Being in the military, it just runs in the family."

He nods, "how did you get so high up. I mean you're a women?"

"Well I have a GPA of 5.0, I have an IQ of 175, I can speak 12 different languages, and I know martial arts."

"Oh so you're smart smart, huh." He said with his eyes wide open.

"I mean yeah, you could say that."

Soon the car came to a stop, and Wilber yelled, "that's all for now. Go eat your lunch."

"Have a good day, Agent Weller." John said getting out of the car.

"You too Sergeant."

He salutes me and I salute him back.

Later that day

I am sitting in my office and suddenly, Ruby bursts through my door, "honey you have two boys swooning over you, and they just so happen to be the camps most attractive guys too!"

"What do you mean?" I ask

"Some times I forget how oblivious you are. At lunch I heard John William say how he was falling for Agent Weller! And you already have James Barnes wrapped around your finger."

"Hold up, so John William likes me, and apparently I have James Barnes wrapped around my finger. First of all I don't have James wrapped around my finger."

"Oh yeah you do! You say to do something and he does it."

"Yeah that's because I'm his instructor."

"Oh yeah, but still they both like you trust me."

I roll my eyes, "what ever floats your boat."

After we talk for a little bit longer, she leaves.

I sit and ponder, could the person I have likes since high school, possibly like me back?

So sorry if there are a lot of mistakes I wrote this in a rush.