Chapter nineteen

Steve's POV

We are sitting in the snow waiting for the train to come by.

"Remember when me and Dorothy made you ride the Cyclone at Coney Island?" Bucky asked me.

I smiled, "yeah, and I threw up?"

"This isn't payback is it?" Dorothy asked joining the conversation.

"Now why would I do that?"

Gabe Jones came up to us, " we were right. Dr. Zola's on the train. Hydra dispatcher gave him permission to open throttle. Wherever he's going, they must need him bad."

"Let's get going, because they are moving like the devil." Montgomery told us.

"We only got about a 10-second window. You miss that window, we're bugs on a windshield." I tell everyone.

"Mind the gap." Montgomery joked.

"Better get moving, bugs!" Dum dum Dugan chuckled.

Jacques started, "maintenant! Now!"

Everyone Zip-lines to the train.

"I have a question. Dottie, can you teleport while in the air?" Have asked out of nowhere.

"No, I've already tried and ended up with a broken arm." she looks at me for the signal. Once I give her the signal, she teleports into the train.

Bucky gets caught in a fight, I help him.

"I had him on the ropes." Bucky tells me

"I know you did."

Dorothy teleports to us, "so I...GET DOWN!!" Dorothy pushes us to the ground.

Bucky goes to stop the trooper with my shield but he gets blasted outside of the train.

I go for him, "Bucky! Hang on! Grab my hand!"

I couldn't reach him in time, he falls.

I hear him scream as he falls down into the snow. I look back to see that Dorothy isn't there anymore.

"Dorothy?" I get up.

"Dorothy?" I walk around the train car trying to find her.

"Dorothy!!" I am practically screaming now.

Gabe comes in, "hey where is everyone?"

I break down, "I don't know where Dorothy is and I just saw Bucky fall, I don't know."

"Hey look we need to get you back, you aren't in good shape right now."

"No, I can't lose two friends in one day."

"We can't stay, we have to go."

I look back, "ok."

Then we leave.

I sit in a bar.

"Blackout is still in effect throughout the London area. Please sit for the all-clear. Your attention, please. All citizens shall stay indoors until further notice. Blackout is still in effect in the London area." The man on the radio repeats.

Peggy finds me.

"Dr. Erskine said that... the serum wouldn't just effect my muscles, it would effect my cells. Create a protective system of regeneration and healing. Which means um... I can't get drunk. Did you know that?" I ask her holding my drink.