Chapter Five

Another time skip
3 years later 1933
Dorothy's POV

My sixteenth birthday is in a week. I'm very excited, I'm going to visit some family from Kansas, and then Steve, Bucky, and Wendy said they had something planned.

We got off the plane and walked to the car. Considering my parents work for the government we get to use their planes. I personally think it's cool.

We get to spend four days in Kansas the head back home to Brooklyn.

Wendy's POV

"So what are we doing?" I ask sitting down on Steve's couch.

Steve, Bucky and I were planning Dorothy's 16th birthday which is in a few days and she will be back tomorrow. No stress, right?

"I was thinking we could take her down to Coney Island." Steve suggested

Bucky chimes in, "Yeah, that's great. I mean it mixes two of her favorite things, the beach and carnival rides."

"So that was quick." Steve states

"I mean she likes simple stuff, and this is kind of simple." I tell them.

The next day

Me and Steve meet up at Dorothy's house.

"Hey do you know where Bucky is?" I ask.

Steve looks up from his book, "no, I haven't see him since yesterday actually."

The door opens, "hey guys I'm here."

Bucky walks into the library, "so I decided to get her a gift."

He walks over to me and Steve. He opens a box, and inside is a beautiful necklace. It looked very expensive.

I take it in my hands, "oh my, this must have cost you a fortune."

"The price doesn't matter, do you think she will like it?" He questioned.

I laugh, "like it? She is going to love it." I tell him giving it back to him.

"Yeah, I mean how could she not." Steve states.

Suddenly, we hear a noise at the door. We all run to hiding spaces.

"I know mom, it'a not like.." Dorothy stops talking.

I can't see anything but I can hear her walking around.

"Someone's in here." She says in almost a whisper.

I start to sweat a bit, I knew Dorothy was a literal spy, but this is some next level stuff.

"Ok come on guys get out of your hiding spots."

I slowly climb out of  the cabinet.

"How did you know it was us?" Steve asked.

"Well, fwendy- Wendy tends to wear a little too much perfume, and Bucky tends to wear too much cologne as well. I just guessed that you were here with them Stevie." Dorothy tells us.