Chapter three

1927
September
The trio had been hanging out all summer.
Dorothy's POV

It is my first day of school in Brooklyn. I am happy but sad, I really didn't want the summer to end. I loved hanging out with Steve and Bucky. I have grown quite found of Bucky, and the way he stands up for Steve. Their brotherly bond in unbreakable, and that is very easy to tell.

I reach the doors to the school, and go to the office to find my class. I open the door.

"Hello, I'm Dorothy Weller. I'm here to see what class I'm in." I tell the office lady.

"Oh, hi there Dorothy. I will be right back with your schedule." She stated in a very happy voice, as she got up to leave.

She comes back a little bit later with a paper in hand.

"It says here that you're in Mrs. Victoria's class, room 301." She said with a smile.

"Ok thanks."

I went to go look for the class, but I couldn't find it. I walked around for at least 5 minutes, thank god I got here early. I turned the corner and ran into someone. I fell, they hit me like a train. I assume that they had been running.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry." The girl said in a very apologetic voice.

I look up to see a girl around my age, with dirty blonde hair, and blue eyes. Her hair was curled and put up in a ponytail. She was quite beautiful.

"It's fine." I say as she helps me up.

"I'm Wendy." She said extending her hand.

"Dorothy." I shake her hand.

"Who's class are you in." She spoke with a British accent.

"Um, Mrs. Victoria's, room 301." I tell her.

Her face lights up with a smile, "I have the same class!" She says as she grabs my hand and pulls me to class.

We sit down, and talk until the teacher comes in.

"Hello, loves. My name is Mrs. Victoria, and I'm your teacher for this year!" She spoke in a tone that was calming but made you happy.

"Ok so I'm going to do roll-call and then we will get on to the fun stuff ok?" She said with a thumbs up.

There was a chorus of 'yes Mrs. Victoria.' Throughout the class room.

She starts to go through the class names and I zone out reading my book, until I hear my name, "present." I say looking up from my book.

"Ok so today we are going to be coloring, I know that that isn't very normal for a fifth grader but I just want today to be fun." She said handing out the papers.

After coloring, we handed in the papers and it was time for lunch, we had been coloring for a good four hours. I don't know why but we had been, I stoped to read every now and then.

On the way to lunch I was talking with Wendy, when someone came up behind me and grabbed by shoulder.

I did a self defense move on them, I don't know why I mean I know I'm at school so it wasn't a creeper. Boys are still pretty weird so I wasn't going to take any chances.

I had thrown him over my shoulder, my mom had been teaching me self defense and she is really good at it so I learned from the best.

My mom is in the military, which is really rare so I am very lucky to have such a cool mom. My dad works in a lab in New York, he can't really tell me much but that his job.

Any who, I looked at who I had thrown over my shoulder, it was none other than the James Buchanan Barnes.

"Oh my gosh, how did you do that?!" Wendy asked before I could get out an apology.

"My mom, I'm sorry Bucky, I didn't know it was you." I said helping him up.

"It's fine." He said holding his back like an old person, "I should have been more careful, I know you take self defense classes."

"I'm still sorry."

"Any who I came over to see why you're in my class, I mean you're younger than Steve and he is in the class below us?" He ask still holding his back.

"First of all let's get you some ice, and second I am really smart. I'm trying to give myself to much credit but it's what all my teacher have told me." I say holding his shoulder.

"Sorry Wendy, we can hang out at recess tomorrow."

"No it's ok, you go fix him up. We can play on the swings tomorrow." She said smiling.

At the nurses office

We walked in and the nurse seemed to recognize Bucky, I just assumed that it was because he's gone to this school for a while.

"Did you get into another fight James? Already on the first day of school, and you even have a dame to help you here." She said in a stern voice.

"I didn't get into a fight aunt Elizabeth, I fell." He lied, trying not to get me in trouble.

He sat down on the chair.

"Ok miss, you are free to go to class now, I can take care of my nephew from here. But thank you!" She said with a less stern voice and a smile.

I nodded my head and walked to the door, I looked back at Bucky and looked at his ocean blue eyes. I felt my face flush.

The only words I could get out were, "goodbye buck." And I walked out.

Bucky's POV

I sat there with a slight smile on my face.

My aunt looked at me with a weird look on her face.

"What?" I asked.

"You like her don't you?" She said with a smile.

I could feel my face getting hot.

"No I don't, I don't lien anyone. She is just a friend."

"You like her! It's so obvious!" She squealed.

"Oh my gosh Aunt Elizabeth stop,and no I don't. So no." I say unsure of my comment.

"Do you know who she is?" My aunt asked.

"Yea, she's Dorothy Weller. One of my friends."

"Ok so you know her name but do you know her?" She asked.

"Why do you need to know?" I ask no meaning for it to sound sassy but it did.

"Just curious, I mean I could get some more information on her if you want." She said with a weird face like she was planning on something.

"No thanks but I think I'm good to go to class now." I say trying to get up.

"No boy need to sit here you need to ice your back."

"All school nurses say that."

"Oh hush." She said tapping my head.

"I just need to say that when you two get together I want to know immediately."

I roll my eyes, "yeah sure."

"Yeah!" She said with a smile.

Words: 1176

I know I made them sound a lot older than they are but, I don't care they are very mature for their age.

Remember to comment and vote!