Chapter 9

Khalida

***
Alistair has a daughter. That's who he's trying to bring back. She's the love of his life.

Alistair was looking down waiting for my reaction.

I touched Alistair's arm which made him look at me.

"What's her name?"

"Demi, Demi Saurna."

"That's a beautiful name."

"Well, I am the best at picking names."

"You did well that time."

I felt the tension ease in the room. But I did start thinking, Alistair has a daughter already, he doesn't look much older than me, I'm 19 and not ready to have a child.

"How old are you?" I asked curiously.

"I'm twenty-one love, why?"

"How old is your daughter?"

"Three. Why do you need to know our ages?"

"You were 18 when you had her, I'm 19 and still not ready to have a child."

"Yes well, I wasn't ready either, just got drunk with some girl, stuff happens, bam she's pregnant."

"Well, what happened to the mother."

"Oh her, well once the baby was born she hated how it looked so tried to kill her, so I killed the mother. No big deal."

"Wow, I wish my dad loved me that much."

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing."

He doesn't need to know about how my old life was, I can make a new one until it's time to sacrifice myself.

"I know you mean something by that, but clearly you aren't ready to talk about it. When you're ready love, tell me."

"Ok."

I walked closer to Alistair and hugged him, laying my head on his chest.

"How does it feel to know your brother is alive?"

"Umm... well it's kinda strange."

Alistair broke the hug and looked me in the eyes. He leads me to the bed and sat me down, he then sat next to me, still looking into my eyes.

"Why is it strange?"

"Because I haven't seen him in five years, I was 14. Fourteen Bloody hell! I relied on him, my family was terrible. He was the only one who loved me, then he just left. I was alone for 5 years of my life. My family kicked me out as soon as they found out about Claude."

I didn't even know I was crying until Alistair wiped a tear away.

Why am I always crying?

"So um... should we try to figure out about the cursed treasure."

"Love, we won't do anything until you're settled."

"What do you mean by that."

"I mean, clearly you're unstable right now, you had a traumatic childhood, and now the one person that loved that you thought was dead is back. And on top of all that, you have a very powerful power that you need to understand and learn to control based on your brothers' story."

"But I'm okay, I don't know why I'm crying like this, I usually never cry."

"That's not healthy love. You need to cry sometimes, you can't hold it all in. You're a strong, beautiful woman, but I can tell that you in some dark times and you're hurting, let out. Tell me everything, you'll feel better after I promise."