Chapter 3

Khalida

***
While we were bickering like little kids, there came a knock at the door, we suddenly grew quiet and Alistair walked to the door.

Alistair opened the door slowly to see who it was, after comprehending who it was he opened the door.

"Captain Alistair sir, are you all right? The crew and I heard squabbling going on and about."

Alistair looked back at me with a smirk then looked back at his crewmate.

"Yes, I'm alright we were just having a little discussion. You don't have to worry about me Skull drowner. Now go tell the crew that it's time to fix me and the red sea some breakfast."

Skull drowner looked quite confused.

"Sir, um... who's the Red Sea?"

Alistair rolled his eyes then looked at me.

"The crazy lady."

"Yes sir, I'll go tell the crew, sir." Skull drowner then left out of the cabin.

"Well," started Alistair while closing the door "Now that he's gone we can have some fun. So tell me, what's your name?"

"I haven't told you yet?"

"No love, you didn't."

I rolled my eyes at the new nickname.

"It's Khalida."

He nodded his head as if he understood, then as he was about to open his mouth to say something we heard a bell ringing, seemingly from another boat.

"Come on," Alistair said while grabbing my hand.

I followed Alistair up deck hand in hand. And sure enough next to the ship we're on, there's another one.

Alistair yelled at his crew to let them aboard. And a couple of minutes later, a small group of pirates from the other ship came up to Alistair. One pirate who I assume is the captain came straight up to Alistair and hugged him.

"Hello baby brother, how has three months away from me done to you?" The pirate said.

Alistair stepped out of his hug with a huge smile on his face.

"Well, brother, as you can see I am handling Black Fortune Revenge pretty well. The deck is swabbed every day, and if someone treats me in a way I don't like, then I got some fun ideas for them." He said looking at me now.

That's when I spoke up. "Well I punched you and tried to kill you and I'm always insulting you and telling at you but you haven't punished me yet except for throwing me on the ground and kidnapping me."

"Oh but love, I said I punish someone if they treat me in a way I don't like, and you, I like it when you treat me that way."

I felt my face get hot. Thank you, God, for dark skin.

"So, my baby brother found a worthy wife who knows how to put him in his place."

Alistair and I both looked at him horrified. "NO!" We bother screamed at the same time.

"Oh, y'all aren't ready to admit it yet. Well sweetheart my name is Captain Fear strick, your future brother-in-law."

"No, brother, you know I don't have time for that right now, I got to find, well... you know what."

"Right, let's go into your cabin, grab your best mate, I got mine so we can talk in private. Bring my sister-in-law too."

Alistair sighed in accepting that was how his brother thought of me.

"Skull drowner! Meet me in my cabin!"

"Come love of my life." Said Alistair's brother.

And following behind him was a fine-looking pirate with a scar on his left arm.

"Love of your life?" I asked.

"Yes," said Alistair's brother "He is also my best mate, Barley, we fell in love and just recently got married."

"That's beautiful. How's married life doing for you?" I asked.

"Just wonderful," said Barley "Fear strick and I want to start a family, two boys, and one girl."

"I'm proud of you brother, for starting to start the family you've always wanted." Said, Alistair

"Thank you brother, but let me tell you this, don't waste all your life looking for a treasure, that's right in front of you."

By then we made it to Alistair's room.

"Go, head love," Alistair said while opening the door.

I walked into the now dark room and everyone followed in behind me.

Alistair

***
I smiled when I saw the way the new nickname I gave Khalida affected her. I would see the joy in her eyes and she would drop her head down in embarrassment. Then the thing that may have affected me more than her, the lip bite. Her rose-colored lips in between her perfect white teeth.

Don't waste your life looking for a treasure that's right in front of you.

If only you knew brother if only you knew.

"So, are we going to get started?" I asked.

"Brother, you're the one looking for the treasure, I'm only here to make sure your plan is safe. So tell me everything you've found out about your treasure."

***
Sorry, this one was shorter but tell me how was school testing? I just have one more to do.

Bye loves.