9 - Please Don't Liam...

AN - So here it is! To be honest I was hoping to update before this, but I wasn't sure how to word this chapter to say what I mean, and I still don't think it really worked...

Anywhoo.... I have sooo many plans for the next chapter, and it has a song that goes perfectly with it! CONFESSION TIME! It's a Taylor Swift song... Now I personally really like her music, but I find her annoying, like, seriously Taylor? No... Just... No... But the song is perfect for the next chapter!

As always, please vote/comment/fan if you like this, it means a lot and it gives me something to brag to my mum about haha, it makes her think that I actually do something productive in the hours I spend on the laptop. Which I don't...

Love you all sweetums!

Liam awoke to the sound of knocking on his front door. He checked the time on the alarm clock by his bed and groaned when he saw it was half three in the morning.
He climbed out of bed as quietly as he could, tucking the duvet around his long-term girlfriend Danielle, to keep her warm in his absence, smiling at her sleeping form and kissing her quickly on the forehead before heading out of the bedroom silently.

Stumbling to the front door, Liam flicked on the light in the hallway before opening the door and he was met with a sobbing Louis.

"Louis!" Liam exclaimed, pulling Louis into the tightest hug he had ever given, "Louis what's happened?"

Louis managed to stutter out "Harry" between his ragged breaths, pulling on the drawstring on his hoodie.

Liam groaned angrily, leading Louis into his flat, practically slamming the door closed behind him before guiding Louis into the living room and onto his sofa.

"Y-Y-You w-were right..." Louis muttered, voice utterly wrecked.

"What was I right about Louis?" Liam asked in a tone more suited to a young child rather than a twenty-one year old, but in all honesty it made Louis feel oddly safe.

"About everything. About Harry, about me, about my stupid opinion that I had found the perfect guy - because now I know that nobody's perfect, and that more likely than not, they're gonna be an arsehole ..." Louis answered, the words laced with accusations but the tone of his voice betraying him - showing Liam that every fibre of his being was calling out, pleading to himself to wake up already because this nightmare was getting too much.

Liam didn't know what to say, he didn't want to comfort Louis by saying that he had got it all wrong and that not all guys are arseholes, and end up encouraging him to get hurt. Yet he couldn't just nod and agree, because Louis needed a friend to comfort him at that time, and Liam was secretly flattered that Louis had come to him and not Niall, considering how close the two boys were.

“Louis, what actually happened?” Liam asked, not fully acknowledging how Louis automatically reach up to touch his still stinging cheek.

“It’s not important…” Louis answered, knowing full well that Liam would flip, and knowing full well that Liam would have a good reason to.