Chapter 9: Some Normalacy

That was my bad I accidentally published and then lost reception. So I'm not sure how many reader saw and how much they read??? Welp.

———————————————————————

"We should go help them April." Casey was pacing since the group had left to search for you.

"You just gotta trust they'll come back." April says, although she was staring into the forest, waiting for any sign of you.

"I say we go in and-

"Casey if I know anything about (y/n), it's that she's strong. Whatever happened it's an obstacle that she can overcome. Trust her." She smiles, resting a hand on his shoulder to ease his overthinking.

Her mental abilities might have something to do with it because when she gazed back to the forest line there you were. Standing tall with your own flag, the guys right behind you as you wobbled over.

Painfully slow, you took each step cautiously of fear of falling. But it didn't matter as both Casey and April toppled on you, embracing and congratulating your victory. "Your back! I'm so happy!" Casey was overjoyed he practically picked you up in a crushing hug.

It was such a tight bug you dropped your flag. "Cas-Hrgk- CASEY!"

"Oh right sorry." He put you back down, and April put your arm over her shoulder.

"You ok?" The blood stains were turning brown, but April was most worried over your tear stained eyes.

"Oh Yknow took therapy, and destroyed my inner demon."

"So you still need therapy?"

Playfully scoffing you gaze upon the entire team. "We all do." You and her chuckle, letting her know you were fine. "Ugh-!" Leo swooped in front, catching you on his back and effortlessly pulling you up on him to rest. "Ok so I might need medical attention."

Donnie placed his hand on your forehead. "She's not running any sort of fever."

"She's obviously just tired from fighting the whole night. I mean we all are." Raph huffed. In fact Mikey was so tired he was barely speaking, putting all his energy into carrying Kaneko.

April gasps from behind you. "Look."

Your hands gripped Leonardo harshly. A slight growl flipped him to alert mode, gripping your thighs worriedly. "Guys what's going on? Guys?" He looked side to side not viewing what was happening to you. Then he felt it, claws no longer sank into his flesh, rather some normal feeling ones. Shifting of your horns could be heard near his ears. It sunk back into your head and your tail slipped back into your spine.

You breathed out heavily from relief. "I'm fine." His cheek felt your warm face, nuzzling into him to rest before falling asleep soundly.

"Woah she looks human again!" Mikey came over, taking a good look. With the red markings now gone he could see the pleasant blush of your cheeks from hugging Leo's neck.

"She is human. Partially. I think." Donnie twiddled with his thumbs, not really sure what to call it from this discovery. He was excited to learn more about your transformation, it could eventually help Karai. "Her demon blood must have adapted again. It's probably processing what a safe environment is like."

April comfortingly presses your shoulder, matching your brain waves with hers. "She's...at peace. Don't wake her up guys." She warns the approaching Donnie to not start his investigation now.

"So she's like a hulk? The demon only comes out when angry?" Raph made a comparison to try and understand. He was still trying to get to know the demon part now now he's back to square one.