Chapter 8: Vision Quest

The stomach gurgled and moved, making you toss and turn in the cotton sheets. A hard sting went to your chest, making you wince but not enough to awaken you from slumber.

Exhaustion took you back in, drowning out the crickets in the woods and sounds of the creeks nearby. A part of the brain shuts down while another awakens, taking you to a dream. A plane of existence that only lives in your mind.

You jolted, like falling  but instead of awakening , it sent you farther in. A very warm world welcomed you. You could feel the difference, a sinking gravity on you. Eyes still shut, allowing yourself to slowly go into it.

A sweet voice followed next. "She's cute isn't she?" They sigh lovingly, you hear a gag from another person.

"Youv been dating her for years now." The younger voice says, somewhat sounding tired of repeating that fact. The other person once more sighed, not believing he'd be so lucky. "She's your girlfriend Leo."

Your eyes shot open, sitting up from the rocky rubble. "Leo?" You turn to face him, he smiled, bringing your face in his hands to kiss your forehead.

"Sorry, did I wake you love?" He leant back to get a good look at you and you did the same. He was taller than usual, brighter green skin and wore human clothing for his bottom half but the iconic blue mask made you sure it was him. This was Leo, however it wasn't really your Leo. The thing that stood out to you the most was his darker eyes, and red markings on the face.

His eyes narrow, sensing your distress he asks, "What's wrong?" He grins. "Stunned by my handsomeness?" the invisible brow line moves up and down teasingly.

Oh this definitely wasn't your Leo.

"You ok sis?" A hand touched your shoulder, calming you down. "We're safe, we're hidden from the Krang."

Your gaze followed from their three fingered hand to their much older but softer face. They sported facial hair but was covered in orange spots on the skin. "Mikey?.....The Krang?!"

"Shhh!" They both hushed you.

"Where are Raph and Donnie! A-And April??"

Both their faces fall, struck by your question. "Do you, not remember?" Mikey checks your forehead, making sure you weren't sick. He had facial hair around his cheeks leaving you flabbergasted.

Leo stands, taking out a sword, an Odachi. "Who are you?" He gets closer unsure of what to with this predicament.

"Me? Who are you guys?" You stand up, Leo grew closer, nodding for Mikey to neutralize you.

"Calm down. We just need to make sure the Krang haven't infected you yet."

"What? I-" you didn't know where to start on explaining. As a defense mechanism your horns and tail grew, they looked different from your usual. "I'm not infected! I just woke up and-" the ground shook.

"Oh no, they found us." Leo said facing outwards, awaiting for whatever to come attack him.

Your neck tingled, nerves on the wrist tightening. "Get down!"

The three of you shot to the ground, evading a red beam cutting through the deserted building you were in. The hulking concrete came down, threatening to crush your body.

A blue portal opened from under you, teleporting you into a large, robotic arm. "I got you." Leo murmured, opening another portal with his sword to meet wi th Mikey. He was using bright orange chains coming from his hands to destroy the falling building coming down.

When the walls crumbled, you saw the once brilliant New York, in complete rubble.

Large beings, of corruption attacked anything alive, disintegrating it with a red beam.